Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

How many hours have you invested so far?

• 71 results
    LowLight24x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LowLight24x

I pre-orderd and purchased Dragon Age Inquisition the week it came out last year. Just last night Jan 12th, I finally made it to Skyhold. The time on the save clock in which it took me to reach Skyhold. 87 hours and 13 minutes. Now some of you might think that's absurd or impossible. Impossible, definitely not! Crazy...maybe. Yes I know everyone suggested leave the Hinterlands and get out, but I'm a completionist and I will deliver every damn flower to every grave that I can lol. Mind you I created about 5 characters before I really stuck through to my male Qunari Warrior with sword & shield. I spent at least 6 hours on my original character and just felt like I needed to try other classes or build. Luckily I didn't spend even more time on that!

Back to the topic, hours spent. Seriously upon reaching Skyhold, I felt like I just beat Dragon Age Inquisition. After all of the cut scenes at Skyhold, I felt like I was about to start playing Dragon Age Inquisition 2: Skyhold lol. I tweeted our old friend Patrick my hours to Skyhold and he replied - "Holy crap. You’ve only just opened up the game!" I noticed that was true when I saw the map with tons of exclamation marks. I just have no idea where to begin. I did read elsewhere to find the specialization quests ASAP. So I plan on doing that when I get some free time.

I feel like this game has been definitely worth my money, when you look at time spent. If you could believe me, I actually rushed through certain things. I didn't read every book or page. Though I tried..., but they were just tooooooo long and the tiny text. All of the conversations I allowed to flow as normal. There was just so much before Skyhold, even if it is considered a tutorial - I felt like it was all part of the main game. My character is level 13 and I'm just barely going to begin my journey in the Skyhold leg of the game. I'm betting it's going to be another 100 hours or so of my time before I finish this game. I'm looking forward to it.

So I ask my fellow gamers, how many hours have you put into Dragon Age Inquisition so far? Do you feel the time is justified or not? For those that feel there isn't "enough" content - what else are you looking for? Why do you ignore the content outside of the main quest line?

Low-Light signing off...

Yo Joe!!!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was at about 85 hours when I beat the game. I didn't do most of the side stuff as it was boring MMO fetch quest bullshit, but I kinda wish I did just so I could have done more of the companion quests.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I put 72 hours into the game by the time I beat it. I'll likely go back and do a few more things before I shelve it for a while. It was definitely worth every penny, which is saying a lot for me nowadays. My biggest complaint, like many people is the amount of fetch quests there are. I would have happily taken slightly less content if it meant the quests were a bit more meaningful. That said I really loved diving into all of the dungeons and reading all the books and notes scattered around.

OKJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Finished the main story at 75:34. Considering playing more.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It took me about 80-85 hours to do everything except for a few wartable missions. I enjoyed the game, but now I'm kinda done with it.

I find myself wishing that they had made fewer, more meaningful side quests that offered a bit of replayability over the MMO-style collect-an-item-and-kill-a-thing garbage that made up most of it. It kept me entertained, but it never made me engage with the world in the same way a lot of the stuff in Origins did.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

25ish, probably about 5 of those afk. I have a lot of shit to play atm.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I finished with a number in the high 90's and that was me doing dang near everything and clearing that table but with a few quests bugged out keeping my from finishing them. You've got a long time left to go still, friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

73 hours, completed it and skipped out on an entire zone pretty much. The big elf forest one, cant remember the name.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Corevi
    @tothenines said:

73 hours, completed it and skipped out on an entire zone pretty much. The big elf forest one, cant remember the name.

That zone has a really weird thing in it. There's a cave that's called the Great Bear Cave and you are given a quest to kill some Great Bears but there are no Great Bears in the Great Bear Cave. Bears.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I ended up finishing the game at just over 75 hours, having done probably 99% of what there is to do in the game. Didn't finish up a couple of odd requisition quests or something, but other than that I did everything. No idea how so man people have such crazy high playtimes with this game. I guess maybe if you played on Nightmare or something?

LowLight24x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nophilip said:

I ended up finishing the game at just over 75 hours, having done probably 99% of what there is to do in the game. Didn't finish up a couple of odd requisition quests or something, but other than that I did everything. No idea how so man people have such crazy high playtimes with this game. I guess maybe if you played on Nightmare or something?

I believe the length of my play time is attributed to crafting. I crafted armor and weapons for every character and would also hunt out resources. So every time I decided to update my gear, I would do so for my entire party. I had just updated my gear before the major events leading up to Skyhold. Once I arrived at Skyhold and received Dragon gear schematics (not sure if it is Pre-order bonus/DLC special), did I say to myself "damn" I have a lot of new gear to make. So there we have it, crafting is the reason my game time has extremely been prolonged.

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

50 hours and I feel like I have a long way to go. But I'm one of those people that reads stuff and errrr... roleplays a bit.

Btw I'm not weird I'm cool.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I put in 80 hours and did pretty much everything there was to do.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have played about 85-90 hours and i have about 5 or 10 hours to finish everything in the game.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I played 91 hours on my first playthrough. I'm glad I saved this game for the holiday break.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Akyho

I am on 13 hours and I just completed the first story mission that unlocks Redcliffe village....I see myself mirroring your 80hrs before I see Skyhold.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished my first playthrough at around 90 hours and my second playthrough is sitting at about 50, I think. I put it down a few weeks ago but I'll probably start playing again after a patch or if more content is added.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I have about 80 hours and that's with a lot of mopping up after I finished the main quest.

Surprisingly pretty much everything is fun to do, even the slightly more menial tasks. I enjoy closing rifts and doing small side quests here and there - it's very streamlined and doesn't require me to continuously ran back to town to report back to a quest giver which I really appreciate. In that way the game certainly respects your time by just getting on with it.

Inquisition is probably the most fun I've had with an RPG in a while. It really scratches that itch of questing and player progression.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I managed to complete most of the content in the game (with my first character) at about 90 hours. I've now started a new character to try out nightmare mode, and the difficulty is certainly slowly my progress.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teddie

Around 73 hours for me. Finished all the side content I came across except the "find this area based on this drawing" ones and something in the Hissing Wastes that wanted you to find 8 unmarked books, because as dull as a lot of the other stuff was, it at least had map markers.

Enjoyed my time with it a lot in the end, but I fully expect them to shit out another one re-using all these environments in a couple years, and I don't think this format will click twice for me.

Character creator was great, probably spent an hour in that alone. Wish there were body/animation options like Saint's Row though. My old man character looked kinda dumb with his chiseled abs and perfect posturing.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@lowlight24x: That makes sense. I really only ever crafted anything for my main character, and probably only did it a few times throughout the game.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

118..... Way too many lol

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was at 92 hours when I finally completed the main quest. I've probably added another 2 hours to that with trying to kill some dragons. I only have one high dragon left. After that I think I'll be "done" until they do some dlc or something.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My total time was about 60 hours. I did a fair amount of the side quests too, but after about 50 hours I realized they weren't enhancing the experience for me. I mainlined the rest of the story from that point. Overall I really enjoyed the game, but man was the side stuff hollow.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I'm at 70, just got to Skyhold, so not far from you OP.

I made the same "Dragon Age: Inquisition 2: Skyhold" joke to myself and laughed a lot before feeling a little exhausted at the prospect of continuing the game.

As an aside, for some reason I don't like saying I "invest" time into a game. I just put time into it.

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completed the game with almost all side content minus some rifts and skulls in Hissing Wastes in 70 hours. Now I simply wonder why I even did it, because the majority of the game is not fun like past games. It is simply a chore, 90% of the game is disconnected filler. Sorta like Kingdoms of Amalur, but at least that game had engaging combat and it was far shorter.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I"m currently about 72 hrs in, only completed 1 major storyline quest after arriving at Skyhold. Been spending my time exploring areas and completing side quests between the various zones. Once in a while, the fatigue will set in and I'd want to rush through the story missions. But then I'd stumble across cool things while exploring like a small opening between rocks that has bear heads pinned to the wall or a haunted mansion in a forest complete with controller vibrations to set in the suspense.

Avatar image for deactivated-61876872b43d2
    deactivated-61876872b43d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

47 hours and done for me. Outside of the character stuff, I really only ended up doing enough to get to the power requirement. At some point I just ended up closing rifts as needed as they were a guaranteed 2 power.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Hunter5024

I was in the high 80s when I beat the game. For the most part I skipped The HInterlands and Hissing Waste areas, I left a lot of rifts open, and I didn't really do the collectibles, but other than that I did pretty much everything.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick question to all you fine folk: did any of you bother unlocking that temple with the shards?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Humanity

@hunter5024: Oh I'm sure it wasn't going to be all that - still I found it fascinating that those shards actually did anything.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over 170 hours, across two platforms and four characters. Just over 100 hours for my first character that finished the game.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hunter5024

@humanity: The fact that they do something definitely makes them better than most collectibles.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I suppose I didn't count multiplayer, solid 10-15 in that so far. It does get more fun as you go along and unlock the ridiculously overpowered stuff, see for example:

Loading Video...

Are reavers that good/a thing in the singleplayer?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I don't think they're THAT powerful but they are pretty fun to use - Iron Bull was anyway whenever I switched to him.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sitting on 38 hours now (not including the stupid amount of time I spent restarting the game and creating new characters before finally coming up with something I was happy with), having reached Skyhold but not having advanced the story beyond that (though I've spent a good 10 hours with the game since reaching Skyhold with various sidequests). I'm really loving the game at this point.

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Not sure its wise to counted a video where you heavily out level the easiest multiplayer difficulty

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

85:20 when I beat the game but easily over 100 after multiplayer sessions and picking a race/class I wanted to play.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cerberus3dog

I'm at 102 hours and just finished Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts (the main palace mission). I am waiting for my war table operations to finish up before I move on now. I think I've done most (if not all) superfluous world missions. I kind of put myself into a corner though. I need more Dorian approval and don't have any quests to to gain any! So I'm kind of in a pickle.

EDIT: Finished the story and all available quests at 109 hours. I somehow didn't gain enough Dorian approval and am a little pissed I missed his side quests. I ended with 280 power too. You really don't need a lot to finish the main story.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@aristotled: In general the second difficulty is best for 12-18ish despite what it says, I was level 9 in the video (the third lowest in the party), which is a massive 1 (one) level over the recommended level range. Also your post seems to imply that skill is involved in the slightest, of course it isn't, it's just straight up RPG elements. You can be bad at it I'm sure but it's quite difficult/impossible to be good at it beyond understanding basic skill tree stuff. Mass Effect 3 was maybe like 20-40% skill in the co-op multiplayer or so, Dragon Age is more in the 5-10% range (whereas something like Uncharted 3 is 85-90%). That doesn't mean it isn't fun though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Humanity

@hunter5024 said:

@humanity: Yep. Not worth it.

Oh yah you were totally right. The loot I got from the final sarcophagus was basically a pretty good dagger, a pretty average Qunari warpaint "helmet" and some +30% fire resistance belt. Not exactly a breathtaking haul after collecting over a hundred shards.

Still, I continue to be amazed at how collecting them never really felt as that much of a drag - and I almost never go after collectibles. Something about the game just continues to be a ton of fun for me no matter what I'm doing. Found these corpses of a family, two adults and one clearly younger body. From the small body I looted "a bloodied toy boy." It's the smallest thing, but it's kinda neat.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only gotten 25 hours or so into it, was real hot and heavy when I first got it but I haven't really had the time to get back into it.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By VoshiNova

223 hours.......

: /

Once on normal, then hard...then multiplayer (kinda.)

Now I can eat, sleep, and work again!

Username: Voshi

Add me on Origin if you want too!

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlight24x: I did everything in the game and got the platinum trophy. 120 hours.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish that I could put the hours into it that most of you have. I finished it at about 47 hours or so.

It's a good game. Maybe even a great game. It's just not a very good Dragon Age game. Actually, it might be the worst in the series, due to the sheer fact the combat is atrocious. I got hooked on the story and the characters, but I don't think I ever found the combat anything other than tedious.

Dragon Age: Origins 2, let's do this Bioware.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I finished with about 120 hours. I'm waiting for it to get all patched up before I start a second game.

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: In the early bracket everything is no higher than lvl 5 and on top of that it is laughable any way you cut it. I'm just saying Reaver does not last long as a good class if you want to play as an actual Reaver. The multiplayer is weird...makes for good podcast game I suppose

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

30 hours and still not near Skyhold

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I was around 110-120 hours when I finished the game, and I didn't even do all the side content. I started out playing it pretty thoroughly but the payoff just wasn't there most of the time.

What probably added 20-30 hours for me was not paying enough attention to the crafting and skilltrees in the beginning which made the game kick my ass later on (I was playing on Hard. Which admittedly isn't that hard). So I decided to fiddle around with different line-ups, gears, armors and specs for every character. I had so much fun with that stuff that the hours kind of flew away.

And, yeah, then the game wasn't that hard all of a sudden. But it was well worth my money. Even though the combat system was pretty bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.