Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

How to level my companions?

andypreston790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all, new on here and this game.

My companions portraits are all flashing with the 'up' arrow, but I cant seem to level them up? I go to the char screen and change to them, but they have no points for advancement etc....but the 'up arrow' keeps on flashing on them all on the main game screen.

Andy advice most welcome

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@andypreston790: bring up your pause menu and go to the Abilities option. Your skill trees are there. Just click on what you want.

Edit: Also note that your characters' attributes are based on the skills you select. What is raised appears on skills you have yet to select. If you need to know what the attributes are, go to that tab in the abilities menu and click whatever button is described as Detail.

andypreston790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the reply.

I tried that, but despite the char portraits showing the 'up arrow' for having leveled, the characters didnt have any 'points' to spend on their various trees (all showed zero apart from the one I had been controlling from the start).

Went through all the companions, all the same, zero points, but upon coming out of the char screen, the game screen still shows them with the arrow up.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@andypreston790: At that point I assume it's a bug. IF you have one try rolling back to a previous save or ultimately, keep playing until they level up again and see if the arrows go away then.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ungodly

You could also try respecing them with the talisman they sell at your blacksmith. That may solve the glitch. Save before you do it, so if it doesn't work you can load the save, and get back your gold.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

Maybe keep playing the game until they level again to see if maybe it's just a graphics bug? If they level again and you still can't level them up, then something is definitely wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.