Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Is Dragon Age: Inquisiton similer to DA:Origins?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Is Bioware making Inquisition more like Origins, or more action based like DA2? I admit I'm behind on the trailers, but even if I watched them, I'm sure some of you have delved far more into interviews and such, so how's Inquisition shaping up?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mcfart: From their latest coverage at Gamescom, it looks like they're going for something inbetween. I guess they want to get "the best of both worlds" with action and tactics.

I like their tactical view and normal action view. It looks like people should have clearer options on how to play the way they want to play.

It's still early; so, not sure how it will end up in the end. But from the latest gameplay, I'm encouraged.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Yeah, as @truthtellah said they're basically combining the styles of Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II. Ideally, you could choose to play the entire game from a top down perspective and focus pausing for tactics and giving commands. Conversely, you could also play entirely from a third person perspective with real time, action based combat. It remains to be seen how well it's handled, but the gameplay they've shown makes the action look more responsive and visceral than Dragon Age II while also housing the level of strategy the first game did so well.

This video shows a good overview of combat:

Loading Video...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So far the tactical view seems vastly improved over what they offered in Origins. I kind of hated the combat in Origins, because it felt way too clunky and limited for how much you needed to micromanage crap in Origins. Hopefully it actually ends up being as deep but intuitive as it looks in the gameplay footage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.