Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Is the Console Version Majorly Different From PC?

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Specifically in terms of gameplay? I recall Origins had a pretty gimped control scheme on consoles.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They are the same game. I prefer playing with the controller and I prefered the previous 2 on mouse and keyboard.

I can't say if there are differences in the number of enemies or difficulty like in Origins but I don't think there is.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

This time around it's made for controllers. The Mouse and Keyboard controls are kinda bad.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By octaslash

It's pretty ironic that previous Bioware games on PC had zero controller support (despite working great on consoles) and now DA:I plays like trash unless you have a controller.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@octaslash: well it doesnt play like trash without a controller, have you tried it?

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By octaslash

@rethla: Yes, I've tried it. Compared to the last two games, it controls like garbage. Of course, that could be because somethings like auto-attack, queuing commands, and controlling AI tactics are removed. The tactics view is also useless because it no longer highlights allies or enemies through the parade of spells and fireworks. In general though, it felt very sluggish compared to DA2 on PC. I guess most of these problems aren't specific to MKB controls, but they are amplified by them.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Steadying

Not nearly as good as FFXIV's hotbar-to-controller control scheme, but it gets the job done. Feels better than Origins did on a controller, even though it's basically the same thing.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

I'm playing on PC with a controller. One of my friends who came over and watched me play some says it's just like the console version, only it looks slightly better and runs at 60 fps instead of 30.

I tried mouse and keyboard but I found it unplayable. It's designed to be played with controllers.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@octaslash: I agree with everything but nothing of what you say can be summarized as "it plays like trash without a controller". It plays like trash compared to Origins sure but thats another thing.

slayers_bernie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the PS3 version and it looks worse than a lot of PS2 games in some areas. Buggy as hell too.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I've played it on PC with mouse and keyboard, and on PS4 with a controller. It's all good, baby. And it plays very similarly.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

The only difference should be graphical. PS3/360 runs on low settings and PS4/XONE on high settings (PS4 at a higher resolution though). On PC you can play on Ultra settings if your PC can handle it which looks better than any console. I have a mid range video card and run a mix of high and ultra at 1080p. Playing with a 360 controller.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PCs will always have the best look and the best control (KB&M or your preferred controller).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.