Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Logging Stands and Quarries

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cagliostro88

So i know there is a perk that marks them on your map, but since inquisition perks are few and important, i thought instead of a thread where we can signal where you can find them :)

The one i found so far

Logging Stands:

-2 in the Hinterlands: from the south-western camp, one is immediatly south and the other one is in the path going from there to the lake

-2 in the Storm Coast: one immediatly south on the Hessarian camp, the other west of the southern camp (or south of the entrance to the locked thaig if you prefer)

-1 in Crestwood: Northeast of the village, up the hill past the mayor house, near sister Vaughin who is burning corpses (thanks to Sterling, konig_kei and BoFooQ)

-2 in the Exalted Plains: one in the encircled valley just west of the first camp. The other is north-northeast of the Dalish camp, past the river, right beside the first big tree

-2 in Western Approach: one in the immediate sorroundings of the first camp; another about the middle between the westermost camp and the Venatori fortress at the center of the map. It's in the valley where a Gurn is sometime present, the one that brings you to the cavern in the Rio Grande area

-2 in the Emerald Graves: the first on the path between the first camp and the cavern with the red lyrium and sister whatever (i don't remember her name). Essentially you reach it by going by the eastern way, not through the one going to Fairbanks. The second is in the northwestern end of the map, beyond the north bank of the river, in the surroundings of a fade breach

-2 in the Hissing Wastes: the first is in the immediate surrounding of the south-westernmost camp. The second is found by starting from the *central* camp, go north through two stone arches supported by dwarf statues (you'll understand exactly what i mean when you see them) and you'll find it

-2 in the Emprise du Lion: one behind the locked tower in the middle of the frozen lake just north of the village. The other is close to the second camp, a few steps away southwest

Quarries

-1 in the Storm Coast: on the eastern banks of the Long River, a little north of the cave entrance

-1 in Crestwood: at the far south end of the map, south of caer bronach on edge of cliff next to lawspeaker's assembly. If you go directly southwest of the second camp that has a dug out valley with two caves in it you will find the quarry (thanks to Sterling and BoFooQ)

-2 in the Exalted Plains: the first is northwest of the Dalish camp, past the river. The second is in the final swamp area, where you fight the dragon, at the northernmost point right besides the abandoned "fortification"

-3 in the Western Approach: one going south from the first camp, outside of the third mine entrance. The second one is south of Frederick and the southernmost camp. It's by the red lyrium vein you can destroy, on the path down to the central shaft. The third one is found in the final area of that region (you have to do some work to unlock it) in a mine entrance just west of the final Ocularum

-2 in the Emerald Graves: the first is a little north of the north-easternmost camp, near the river. The second is near the northwestern camp. It's further northwest, just a few steps away from the camp, right beside the hill/mountain/rocky formation side. You can't see it straight from the camp because they hid it behind some rocks

-2 in the Hissing Wastes: one on the path from the southwestern camp to the southern tomb, it's kinda hidden by a rock formation so it's easier to see by going from the tomb to the camp. The other is in the middle betweeen the first camp and the sand crags one, under a rock formation. You'll get a better view of it by going south from the sand crags camp.

Bam_Boozilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, your work is appreciated. Now if only I knew which perks are the best.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a logging stand in Crestwood at the back of the town near the lady by the camp fire.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Sterling

What exactly do these do? And how many perks are we limited to? 10?

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MichaelBach

Very helpful, was just looking for quarries! Thanks!

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cagliostro88

@sterling: they are needed to build some little improvements to (spoiler if you haven't completed the "Your Heart Shall Burn" quest) Skyhold. In total you should need 7 Loggin Stands and 5 Quarries; I've managed to complete all the upgrades by now but if I find others while exploring i'll keep writing them down here.

The inquisition perks should be 15 max, they seem a lot at the beginning but you'll quickly find yourself spending them veeery carefully :)

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a quarry and a logging stand last night in Crestwood.

The logging stand just northeast of the village of crestwood. If you go up past the mayors house, up the path you can't miss it.

The quarry is at the far south end of the map. There is an area by the second camp that has a dug out valley with two caves in it. If you go directly southwest of that you will find the quarry.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By EthanielRain

@sterling said:

What exactly do these do? And how many perks are we limited to? 10?

Theoretically you should be able to get them all. Realistically it seems like about 10 by the time most people will finish the story and about 15 for a more completionist playthrough.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The quarries and logging stands are marked on the maps on this site. I found their maps very helpful, they haven't yet mapped all areas.

WARNING if you click this link you will have area names and possibly other things spoiled for you:

http://game-maps.com/DAI/Dragon-Age-Inquisition.asp

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagliostro88:

Why do you insist on spelling logging like that over and over again?

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cagliostro88

@ll_exile_ll said:

@cagliostro88:

Why do you insist on spelling logging like that over and over again?

Sorry, i'm not a native english speaker and i was thoroughly convinced that i was using the correct spelling; it never occurred to me that it endend with a g instead :(

I truly apologize; at least i learned something new today :)

@honkalot: Thanks for the maps, i can see now if i forgot some bottles or those damn mosaic pieces :)

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@cagliostro88: Thanks for the list. I finally managed to get all the upgrades done, since before I apparently just kept running past logging stands and quarries over and over.

By the way you should maybe edit all the information together into the first post, so this list gets easier to use.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BoFooQ

logging stand in crestwood

next to sister vaughin, she's burning bodies, up hill from mayor's house.

Quarry in crestwood

next to lawspeaker's assembly, south of caer bronach on edge of cliff

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: Done :) I was still qute tipsy while editing, so if you find stupid mistakes i made please let me know. I will also edit in what i find in the Emprise du Lion since it's the last major area i still have to explore (or at least it appears so since i think i'm the final part of the game).

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do we end up needing more upgrades than just the initial three? Because there are way more logging and quarry spots than you need to complete those three.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bargainben

I thought there would be another set of upgrades because the room in Skyhold where you make stuff has one of those easels. Who knows what didnt make it in in time, Im sure they got lots of DLC plans

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.