Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

New DLC - The Descent

akeripper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By akeripper4

new dlc for those that like that......... played through it, takes 5 ish hours. better then hakkon? depends if you like dwarfs or not....

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

The problem for me with these DLC's is timing. Everyone HATES on-disc DLC but the flip side is that when this stuff comes out months later it can sometimes be too late. I bought Inquisition at launch and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't care what the dissenters say, it was GOTY material that year. Tons of content, tons of customization, a lot of good characters and just plain fun to play without a lot of pointless running back and forth between quest givers. I even opened up the case by finding all of those moon shards and at that point I didn't even need those buffs anymore. At that time I was itching for more and would have bought all story DLC wholesale.

Now though, too much time has passed. Going back into that massive game feels daunting. It would be perfect to occupy myself with something until Phantom Pain comes out but I've just moved on.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I agree. It was GOTY material that year. Even though the year in question was a very poor one for video games it still stood out.

Now though, meh... too late.

Maybe I'll play through the game again in few years time; taking on the DLC to the experience. Otherwise though, I'll be passing on this.

@humanity said:

The problem for me with these DLC's is timing. Everyone HATES on-disc DLC but the flip side is that when this stuff comes out months later it can sometimes be too late. I bought Inquisition at launch and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't care what the dissenters say, it was GOTY material that year. Tons of content, tons of customization, a lot of good characters and just plain fun to play without a lot of pointless running back and forth between quest givers. I even opened up the case by finding all of those moon shards and at that point I didn't even need those buffs anymore. At that time I was itching for more and would have bought all story DLC wholesale.

Now though, too much time has passed. Going back into that massive game feels daunting. It would be perfect to occupy myself with something until Phantom Pain comes out but I've just moved on.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I very much didn't like this new DLC. At first i was happy that it just wasn't yet just another zone. I liked Hakkon, but it was just more of the same. There is almost no story here. Just mindless combat with enemies that just eat soooo much damage. really boring just hitting away on them. Then, it just ends. poof. (didn't really dig the new armor sets either). Feels like they said.. "hrmm.. fuck it. ship it without the last 1/3" :)

In a post witcher 3 world DA3 is a bit hard want to play in general. It makes it feel like this is a super old game. But if you are looking for more DA3 and haven't play Jaws of hakkon, play that :)

If there is a DA4 is really hope they revisit what they are doing with this game. I'd like a lot more DA Origins/Awaking. I'm really looking forward to Sword Coast Legends. (i hope it doesn't suck)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/325600/

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GaspoweR

I think they brought out the DLC pretty late. I didn't even finish DA:I and at the moment I don't know if I'll even go back to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.