Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

PC/Game performance issue.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi i really hope someone out there can help us out, this is i think more of a system problem rather than the game but it is the only game i have installed at the moment on my PC. So the thing is i will be happily playing every thing running along nicely getting 50 frames using my tv. Then suddenly the game slows to a halt with around 4 to 8 FPS for about 2-3 minutes then goes back to normal for about a minute then repeat and rinse .

I need to completely exit to desktop start again to fix it. does not matter if i go into and quit out of the in game menu and start it will carry on where i left off bad frames and all.

I have tried with a older GPU and get the same result, I have taken out mem sticks put them back in, even reverted my bios to see if that would help, no luck. updated all drivers. oh it can be completely random mostly when it happens, can be playing for 10 min or hour or more then CRAP SHIT FUCK.

Some folks ask for hardware details so here they are. if i get a result out of this i would be so chuffed it stating to do ma heid in.

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    ManufacturerIntel
    Speed3.3 GHz
    Number of Cores4
    Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    ManufacturerNVIDIA
    ChipsetGeForce GTX 980
    Dedicated Memory3.1 GB
    Total Memory4.0 GB
    Memory8.1 GB
    Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    Service Pack1
    Size64 Bit
    EditionHome Premium
    Display Maximum Resolution1920 x 1080
    Drive 1
    Size465.7 GB
    Free465.2 GB
    Drive 2
    Size238.4 GB
    Free142.1 GB
    Drive 3
    Size100.0 MB
    Free76.2 MB
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Could be caused by a lot of things including the hard drive. What hard drive/SSD are you using?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@cloudnineboya: I'd probably point you out to the forum thread over here. From what it sounds like you are getting the same issues the op user was getting. There were some fixes and stuff people suggested that I'd suggest to try as well. From what it sounds like the op user wasn't able to get his issues fixed but you never know if any of the ones listed might do the trick.

WezqApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had a similar issue when my rig was overheating. My processor slowed itself down as a safety measure, then got back to normal when temps lowered and repeated that pattern.

This might be a problem with the game itself like the other thread suggests, but the way your fps fluctuates also suggests overheating might be the cause. I'd check my temps just to be sure.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

Can you run a temperature monitoring program while you're playing and take a look at your CPU and GPU temps? Sounds like a thermal throttling issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.