Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Seems like the Dragon Age Keep is open now.

• 87 results
    pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pyrodactyl

@the_ruiner said:

@yi_orange said:

Should I play Dragon Age 2? I've been wrestling with that question for years, and I feel I need an answer.

There are exactly 2 things in that game worth seeing. And the second thing is one of the most shocking and difficult decisions in any RPG for me. The rest ranges from ok to tedious.

Is the first thing Varric? Cause Varric is pretty good.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Zeik

@yi_orange: Yes, you should. The game is cheap enough now that it's a minimal risk to give it a try, and you may like it more than you'd think. And even if you don't it will only cost you a couple bucks and give you some more context for the important events.

I had a lot more fun with the game than the Internet led me to believe. I even picked up some of the DLC, which I had no plans to going in.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wont lie, this actually works rather well. I was impressed how easily it pulled it my settings from the xbox versions.

HighPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only person who feels like this is a bad compromise for PC users? I mean, I'm glad it exists for the console people, who obviously can't import their saves if they change from one system to another, but I've still got Origins and DA2 saves on my computer. They can't even figure out how to let me upload one of them and reset some of these defaults?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Am I the only person who feels like this is a bad compromise for PC users? I mean, I'm glad it exists for the console people, who obviously can't import their saves if they change from one system to another, but I've still got Origins and DA2 saves on my computer. They can't even figure out how to let me upload one of them and reset some of these defaults?

The Frostbite engine never had save import functionality and I can only imagine how hard it would be for BioWare to create it (on top of building Inquisition from scratch). As a fellow PC user for BioWare games I agree it's not ideal but given the choice I'd take Frostbite Inquisition and the Keep over an upgraded version of the DA:O/DA2 engine Inquisition with the import functionality. I have confidence that DAI will blow the previous 2 games out of the water.

bakumatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By bakumatsu

Man this was a pain in the ass. For 2-3 days I've been building my world state based on my choices in both games. I went as far as re-installing them and, with help of the wiki and YouTube, study the decision and try to remember what I did. Now I'm ready.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I made some arbitrary choices on some of the DA2 sidequests, but I am ready to rock in DA:I

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man I really hate anything that starts off with log into origins!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Anyone still scratching their heads at some of the more obscure choices, here's a good guide: http://thedialoguewheel.wordpress.com/

Actually I prefer it this way. I had wanted to play through DA:O three times, but that's a fucking long game, especially when you factor in all the DLC and Awakening. In the end I only beat it once, then relied on a save editor to fabricate additional DA:O saves to facilitate two-and-a-half playthroughs of DA2. Now I can create any sort of playthrough history to play DA:I in as many ways as I want and it's supported/official, not some bullshit hex editor.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have literally zero memory of anything that has happened in this series despite having played both games.

Morrigan turned into a cat.

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is the cheapest place to buy the deluxe edition for PC? So far I can only find it on origin.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't remember anything of what I did....so I just picked every result that had people surviving, so I could possibly encounter them in Inquisition.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Where is the cheapest place to buy the deluxe edition for PC? So far I can only find it on origin.

Its probably only available on Origin I'd have to guess.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mustainium

Just a heads up, you can now shoot your save over to DAI in advance.

On a side note, I tried out The Last Court and nearly slipped into a coma due to pure boredom.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Zeik

@mustainium: I've been trying to complete it since it's supposed to unlock something in Inquisition. It would be a decent distraction that fills in some lore if it wasn't for all the F2P nonsense they inexplicably decided to add to it. I don't know who in their right mind thought that having an energy system that can be refill with real money currency would be a good idea for for a text adventure.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@mustainium: There never was and never will be save importing for Inquisition or Keep. It can read character data if it was uploaded to your Bioware/Origin profile (likely was).

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Zeik

@alistercat: I think he means you can import your keep data now for Inquisition. If you don't upload your keep save it won't be available when you start the game.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@zeik: Ah, yes. My mistake. Sorry @mustainium ignore my comment.

I imported mine last wednesday to the EA Access version. Took less than a second.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to work on this before I get the game.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

I think this keep is a very important tool for Dragon Age going forward. Bioware stated from the beginning that Dragon Age was less about your character's personal story and more about how your decisions change the world itself.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@shadowswordmaster: have fun with it, I've spent way too much time in the keep getting the save exactly the way I want it. Really if there was no keep, I probably wouldn't be getting the game.

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why is there only one of the DLC packs in the Dragon Age 2 section? I played all those god damn things and I would have hoped they were relevant enough to carry over?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zeik

@czarpyotr: The other DLC does not seem to have sections of their own, but there is at least one relevant choice from each of the DLCs in there somewhere.

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Word. I guess they just didn't give them their own sub-headings.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is there only one of the DLC packs in the Dragon Age 2 section? I played all those god damn things and I would have hoped they were relevant enough to carry over?

Under Companions you find the some of the choices encompassing The Exiled Prince and Mark of the Assassin. Legacy has it's own section. They are all there

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Keep is a fantastic idea.

• It's platform and game engine agnostic.
    • You can make different choices without having to replay the entire game.
    • You can see exactly what choices affect the world state.
    • There's no need to keep old saves lying around for years for import purposes.
    • It allows new players a chance to get caught up with the major plot points and create their own world state even though they haven't played previous games.

I spent a good chunk of Saturday morning drinking my coffee and going through the choices. I had the wiki open for reference, and watched some YouTube videos if my memory really needed a kick in the pants. Origins was easy to get through since I played through that game half a dozen times or so, but II was a fair bit harder even though I played it twice. I thought it was a great way to get reaquainted with the world after nearly three and a half years away from it.

I hope they make something similar for Mass Effect, and they continue to develop and use this idea with their games going forward.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: have fun with it, I've spent way too much time in the keep getting the save exactly the way I want it. Really if there was no keep, I probably wouldn't be getting the game.

That is really true and there is some stuff in the keep that I didn't know was a choice in the first game to be honest.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By korwin

Is the keep just straight up busted? I've run the data import and It's displaying my DA:O character name but I can't click on anything.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Can you use the Keep to create a world state if you intend to play one of the console versions?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot: Yes, the keep is platform agnostic. It's basically all linked through your Origin account, so the platform doesn't really matter.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@yi_orange said:

Should I play Dragon Age 2? I've been wrestling with that question for years, and I feel I need an answer.

There are exactly 2 things in that game worth seeing. And the second thing is one of the most shocking and difficult decisions in any RPG for me. The rest ranges from ok to tedious.

I'm just about at the end of the game and I'm curious as to what those things are. I feel like the first is definitely Varric, and I'm guessing I just passed the decision, as it's the only one in the game that gave me any pause(except for who to romance but the game decided that for me when Isabella left because I wasn't friendly enough with her. That's ok though, her and Fenris felt kind of out of place in the grand scheme of things anyway). And for the record, I think this game is okay.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going through my decisions in Origins and finding it really tough because A. it was a long time ago and B. I played through the game enough times that I'm pretty sure I did all the major decisions multiple times.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: I suggest just picking the options you think might lead to interesting scenarios in Inquisition. I mostly tried sticking to the options I remembered picking, but a few I altered because they seemed like they might lead to something more interesting in the future.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Milkman

@zeik: I'm also wondering how much this stuff actually effects Inquisition. I would love if all these decisions actually had a meaningful impact but I have my doubts.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: These games always have tons of inconsequential references to choices made in previous games. I don't think it's feasible to make all of them meaningful. But I'd be satisfied if at least a couple of the less important choices made something noteworthy happen in the game.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The weird thing I thought they said was that the Warden dying in DA:O was non-canon but I can pick it as an option in the keep. Did they decide to actually let us keep that very important choice finally?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@d_bones said:

The weird thing I thought they said was that the Warden dying in DA:O was non-canon but I can pick it as an option in the keep. Did they decide to actually let us keep that very important choice finally?

I think that's actually the default story choice. It was for me anyways, until I went in and changed all the choices to reflect my playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.