Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

The Age Of The Dragons!

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Fruitcocoa

Back when The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was released I shared my thoughts about dragons. I hate dragons. Big nasty creatures that could kill you by simply lay there bellies on you, still they seem to be so keen on standing and taking hits. Anyhow, enough of my dragon hate. You know what game I love? Dragon Age!

I really enjoyed the first Dragon Age and to be honest, I didn't think that the second one was that bad. I mean, it wasn't good. But it was OK. Now, when BioWare announced Dragon Age: Inquisition I only hoped for one thing - scale. I wanted the biggest game ever created with a bunch of stuff to do. After my first 20 hours in the game, I can assure you that it's a big, big game.

The best part is that it's fun to. I'm having a great time running around in The Hinterlands searching for herbs and listening to Casandra making fun of Verrics chest hair. Also, the game doesn't make the threat by the breach an urgent factor, which really invites the player to run arround and explore. It's not like in Mass Effect 3 where you either save the world from ending or you could get in bed with Tali.

Anyway, the game turned out so much better then I thought and I am really happy for it. I might not have the time anymore to play a game for 100 hours, but you know what, for this one, I'll make it happen. Because I want to know what's going on. You know, I encountered darkspawn last night!

What do you duders think thus far? And also - if this is the scope they aiming for for the next Mass Effect game sign me up and take your time. My body is ready!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm really enjoying everything about it thus far but a little bit of vague advice here.

Don't get lost in all of the side areas right out the gate, try to kinda mainline the first 'act' of the story at a good clip. You'll be glad you did.

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SirFork

Yep its a pretty great game, also a fair piece of advice since you are nearing this part. Without spoiling it i'll just say you'll get the option to customize somebody, don't do it and just go with the game default because it might suddenly switch your voice for your character. Just thought i'd give you a heads up on that.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sirfork said:

Yep its a pretty great game, also a fair piece of advice since you are nearing this part. Without spoiling it i'll just say you'll get the option to customize somebody, don't do it and just go with the game default because it might suddenly switch your voice for your character. Just thought i'd give you a heads up on that.

I hope they fix all the issues related to character creation. Having to go with all the defaults because otherwise the game will explode is not something that should happen.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Efesell

Wasn't that a pre-release PS4 bug?

It did not seem to occur on PC, at any rate.

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does seem to occur on the PS4 more, and it's the only real bug I know of besides the convo wheel flipping out sometimes. I don't think its guaranteed to happen but the chance is there (I went with the default anyways before I knew because I'm boring) so you'd could probably just load a previous save if it happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.