What's the most fun class to play?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hey gang,

I've just picked this game back up after downloading it on my old PC, realising I had nowhere NEAR the hardware for it (5 FPS everywhere, and crashes), but on my new PC, I should be fine.

I'm wondering what, in your opinion, is the most fun class to play?

I immediately want to play an Archer, because I like doing that in games, but I'm also tempted to play a tank Warrior, or a healing/damage mage.

I just can't decide! I have avoided almost everything about the companions, so I wouldn't want to start as say, a healing mage, and then find out the best party member is a healing mage.

Any opinions? Cheers!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There isn't really a 'healing' mage but there is a mage tree that is about damage mitigation and buffs. Healing is done via potions. That said I think the most fun is mage and dual blade rogue, but the fun doesn't really open up until later when more skills unlock. The least fun time i had in the game was as a sword and board tank.

Cerberus3Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Cerberus3Dog

I played as a Knight Enchanter which was a healing/damage mage. Gameplay was fun in moments but never became a challenge because the sword ability regens shields. You look awesome when you have a magic sword and staff to take out enemies with. The combat became monotonous though.

One of the most interesting party characters is a knight enchanter, so you may want to pick a different class. All of the mages are cool characters actually. Depending on your party structure (2 mages/ archer/ warrior, 2 warriors/ rogue/ mage, etc) you may want to choose a class that has the weaker characters. In my humble opinion that is the archer/rogue class. They are all good characters but I didn't like them as much as I did the warriors and mages.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Assassin and Templar are my go to for Dragon Age. Assassin gets so many cool tools to use in a fight and your party can be filled with awesome tanks and mages.

someoneproud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also played as Mage into Knight Enchanter (Specialization), it's OP AF but you get a bit of everything (melee, cast & buffs), there's no real healing magic in the game (instead you'll be relying on barriers and/or guard to prevent your HP pool from decreasing) iirc. I traditionally play sword and shield for these games but I really didn't enjoy it in this one.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will throw in another vote for Mage and then doing Knight Enchanter later. I just found the mage to be the most fun class to micromanage since it has a decent variety of fun and cool stuff for you to do where as I found the other classes to become fairly monotonous to directly control for long stretches. It also fit nicely with my favorite companions (Cassandra, Varrick and Iron Bull).

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will also say Knight Enchanter. Go down the lightning tree and make sure to take the passive skill that shortens cooldowns from the fire tree, you'll be invincible due to barrier.
And you'll be a much more effective Knight Enchanter than the AI could ever be as Vivienne (altough you could just play her). That said Necro and Rift mages are also great classes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.