Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Would have been interesting if Hawke was a companion

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Choose a custom personality for him to match how you played him which changes how he acts as your companion.

And I think it could have worked with this game, he doesn't have to necessarily be a follower of one guy and in turn look weaker than him. Just joining the inquisition as a team.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would have liked Hawke to become the new leader of the Grey Wardens.

I don't want her to have too big of a role because she might end up doing things that my hawke would not do. The distate Hawke in Inquisition had towards the Grey Wardens didn't seem like my Hawke at all.

I'd like to see Hawke playable again though, despite the problems with DA2, the protagonist was the best in the series.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I felt the same when he showed up, but with how badly DA2 was received it was understandable they didn't want to rely on Hawke too heavily.

I imagine Hawke would have been the protagonist of Inquisition if DA2 hadn't gone down like a fart in a spacesuit. And it would have been called Dragon Age 3.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The only way it would have worked is if they had allowed for Saves to import. I'm perfectly fine with how the handled every cameo but one.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Nah, he/she is fine as they are in DAI.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@jimbo said:

I felt the same when he showed up, but with how badly DA2 was received it was understandable they didn't want to rely on Hawke too heavily.

I imagine Hawke would have been the protagonist of Inquisition if DA2 hadn't gone down like a fart in a spacesuit. And it would have been called Dragon Age 3.

It felt pretty obvious that they were setting up Hawke to the Shepard of Dragon Age, down to the non-customizable last name that s/he was constantly referred to as.

Ultimately Hawke would have caused too much butthurt in the community as a companion, because s/he would inevitably perform actions or more likely say things that people didn't feel like was 'their Hawke.' Hawke can only really be done as a playable character or minor character at this point.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jimbo said:

It's kind of funny that when the expansion pack to DA2 got canceled (an Awakening type deal), Laidlaw or Gaider came right out and said don't worry, the plot is getting rolled into Dragon Age 3 proper.

I think it's obvious that the Inquisition story was mainly supposed to be a continuation of Hawke's adventure. Varric sticking around even makes more sense that way. Especially when nobody else from DA2 did. I enjoy Inquisition but it's really obvious what this game's plot was supposed to be originally.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Zirilius

@oldirtybearon said:

@jimbo said:

It's kind of funny that when the expansion pack to DA2 got canceled (an Awakening type deal), Laidlaw or Gaider came right out and said don't worry, the plot is getting rolled into Dragon Age 3 proper.

I think it's obvious that the Inquisition story was mainly supposed to be a continuation of Hawke's adventure. Varric sticking around even makes more sense that way. Especially when nobody else from DA2 did. I enjoy Inquisition but it's really obvious what this game's plot was supposed to be originally.

I really hope we get to see some more of the characters from Origins and Two again. I'd love to visit Fenris in Tevinter, Isabella on the high seas, Aveline in Kirkwall, and Bethany in the deep roads. Hell even meeting more of the DA: Origins cast would be awesome but I definitely had more affinity with the cast from two and the two I cared about are already in Inquisition. There is a potential third that I'd like to see.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was nice of them to let me kill the hero from their terrible previous game and I jumped at the opportunity. Shame I didn't get to fight that spider monster, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I think relatively few people had Alistair be a Grey Warden, which would increase the drama on that choice in the Fade.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I had to go with Stroud because my Hawke never would have even offered. Also he would have just kicked that Corpser's ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.