Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening is a full retail expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins.

Do I need the original to play awakening? And which version?

pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By pepsipat1

I wish to know. But unfortunately I dont have a pc that can run dragon age at all so I also need a to know should I get the PS3 or 360 version. And should I play the game on easy since dragon age is incredibly hard?
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

You need the original to play Awakening. I heard that the PS3 version is better. I played Dragon Age on Normal just fine on the PC, but if you're mainly interested in the story play it on Easy, and if you find it too easy I believe you can change the difficulty in-game in the console versions, similarly to the PC version.

pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pepsipat1
    @AnimZero:
    Do you mean I need the original just so I can understand the story or do I need because it wont work without a origins save file? I probably should of stated the question better I guess.  But thanks for the console recommendation.
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

You need the original because Awakening is an expansion pack, so it needs Origins to run.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chrjz

If you buy it on a disc for the 360 (PS3 too, probably) then you do not need to have the original.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By wh1terav3n
    @PepsiPat: as long as you buy the retail copy, at least, if not the download types, you do NOT need the original to run Awakening.
    pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pepsipat1
    @wh1terav3n:
    are you sure because I dont want spend 40 bucks then find out I cant play the game. But I do remember when awakening was first announced that you do not need the original dragon age but gamestops website says otherwise. I am so confused.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.