Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening is a full retail expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins.

Dragon Age And Awakening Getting Huge Patch Soon

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

At some point this afternoon, BioWare will drop a sport-sized band-aid for the PC version of Dragon Age: Origins and its expansion Awakening, fixing a host of large and small issues. The notes suggest that the studio's emphasis has been on Awakening, as it seeks to address the myriad of minor compatibility issues brought upon by plopping an old character into the new content.

So, what's being fixed? Things like statistical indicators, audio bugs, memory leaks, pickpocketing woes, and even dreaded authorization issues. DLC-based transport issues, like broken Blood talents and gear oddities, are also being addressed on top of general transport issues like the "Legacy tattoo asset do not use!" message (!!!) that appeared on some transported characters' faces

No Caption Provided

Not all known issues are being addressed. Rivaling the size of the fixes posted on the game's official message board are a list of known issues that can't just be slapped with a quick fix, because this same patch is being used for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the games. Those versions of the patches, by the way, are in certification right now.

You can view the patch notes for yourself, but I'd like note foremost that BioWare won't be able to fix the Awakening-based Sentinel Armors & Vigilance Sword errors, as well as the Blackblade Armor drop issues, because of DLC size limitations and all that related technical ballyhoo. If you really want to hash out the former whoopsie, though, you can temporarily delete the Warden's Keep DLC. 
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

At some point this afternoon, BioWare will drop a sport-sized band-aid for the PC version of Dragon Age: Origins and its expansion Awakening, fixing a host of large and small issues. The notes suggest that the studio's emphasis has been on Awakening, as it seeks to address the myriad of minor compatibility issues brought upon by plopping an old character into the new content.

So, what's being fixed? Things like statistical indicators, audio bugs, memory leaks, pickpocketing woes, and even dreaded authorization issues. DLC-based transport issues, like broken Blood talents and gear oddities, are also being addressed on top of general transport issues like the "Legacy tattoo asset do not use!" message (!!!) that appeared on some transported characters' faces

No Caption Provided

Not all known issues are being addressed. Rivaling the size of the fixes posted on the game's official message board are a list of known issues that can't just be slapped with a quick fix, because this same patch is being used for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the games. Those versions of the patches, by the way, are in certification right now.

You can view the patch notes for yourself, but I'd like note foremost that BioWare won't be able to fix the Awakening-based Sentinel Armors & Vigilance Sword errors, as well as the Blackblade Armor drop issues, because of DLC size limitations and all that related technical ballyhoo. If you really want to hash out the former whoopsie, though, you can temporarily delete the Warden's Keep DLC. 
    Etaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Etaber

Better late than never I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hmmm, I may reinstall and play it again. Never finished Awakening anyway.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

Fixing the memory leaks? Problem solved.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrKlorox

Christ I'm gonna have to replay the whole game. I pickpocketed everybody and only got items for about 20% of them. Surely they're not gonna set all those jerks back to the pick-pocketable state in my savegame.

Also why the fuck are they removing the damage floaters? (edit: damage floaters are still in PC version)

Aarduil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aarduil

Even though I'll always regard DA:O as a great game, I'll never forgive BioWare the memory leak issues. I had to resort to solutions discovered by other desperate players, while BioWare allegedly "fixed" the leaks several times in different patches.

rohanspear345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rohanspear345

awkening felt like total B team stuff to me. i dont think this stuff matters

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Too bad I'm well past Dragon Age now. I may give it one more playthrough just out of courtesy.

Bhouse563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Bhouse563

I'm playing through DA:O-A for a second time with my rogue, was very surprised that my maxed trap stat didn't detect some simple traps in the Wending Wood. This explains that!

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By MjHealy

Console patch? No? Please?

Draco9898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Draco9898

This recently fixed all my graphical corruption errors. I would get polygons ripping apart and filling the screen and strange green/teal/red render target corruption crap all over the screen in some areas. These problems would happen intermittently; randomly. VERY ANNOYING. 

At first I thought it was my graphics card dying, but it couldn't be so -- the card was brand new, and no other games were crapping up. It had to be DA: O.

I would have to use a step-through technique of saving and reloading to get past some very troublesome spots.

Sadly this fixes a bug where you could slowly redistribute any stats you wanted over several level-ups, altering stat attributes one-by-one.

Good job bioware, it's just a bit late.

I had a DLC error when I patched, I had to log-out, log-in, disable all my DLC and re-enable them when I loaded a save.

Draco9898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Draco9898
    @Gap: Hell, I still play Baldur's Gate 2 on a blue-moon.
    chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By chan05

hmm i could play that game again...

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Binman88

Anyone who puts a tattoo on their character's face deserves a big fat "DO NOT USE" warning.

Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jiggah

They are fixing a lot of the issues that the 1.03 broke.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Box3ru13

well at least I haven't started Awakening yet and thus won't encounter the bugs that are being fixed but damn that sounds like a lot of shit that was broken.  

Maybe they shouldn't of pushed Awakening out the door so quickly. 

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I admittedly waited on Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening until Steam threw crazy sales at me. But I did play through Origins with an existing memory leak. Load times would get slower and slower. I could only play a few hours before I'd have to reboot it.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrcraggle

I played DA:O a crap ton when I first got it but then I never went back to it. I guess this is reason enough to start hacking and slashing again.

dussssstin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dussssstin

Now I can roll my rogue.

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By ATrevelan
    @Binman88: Unfortunately, if you picked the Dwarf Commoner origin, you had no choice but to have a facial tattoo.
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By Chris2KLee

I am still working on this game, so close to finishing origins. But I keep wanting to start over, gah need to be done with it.

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Semition

Hopefully the patch will make the combat more fun to play.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By jakob187

Ah, so they aren't fixing the Redcliffe glitch. 

That's great to hear. 

Carry on.  Broken game will continue to remain broken.
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah so that was today's large download for DA:O. I want to restart this game again soon, My mage wasn't so good and didn't pay attention to my unused team members so when it came to the prison breakout I just wasn't prepared enough. But I loved using my Golem tank.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrKlorox

Damnit. I patched the game and loaded up a save from the previous version. Played for a while then quit to change my gameboard bindings. Tried to load up the most recent quick save and it says I have to log in since the save file uses The Stone Prisoner  and Blood Dragon Armor DLC. The weird thing is that I'M ALREADY LOGGED IN. I tired logging out then logging in again and I still got the same message. Now I can't continue my game.

edit: so it seems the 1.04 patch requires all your premium DLC to be reauthorized, and the servers are just being slow as fuck in doing so. Not sure why it let me play before deauthorizing my stuff. Waiting for it to reauthorize.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By teekomeeko

Too bad it comes so late. After a 100-hour game filled with issues, I decided that getting another playthrough going would just annoy me, even as much as I loved the game. Plus it looks like the most annoying glitches that I had problems with aren't even being addressed. 

I really hope Dragon Age 2 is a better technical accomplishment. If there's talk of mass glitches like this time, I won't even look twice at it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee
    @ATrevelan said:
    " @Binman88: Unfortunately, if you picked the Dwarf Commoner origin, you had no choice but to have a facial tattoo. "
    You could easily customise the colour so it's not very noticeable, have it practically blend in with your characters skin. Plus some of the tattoos are just like a small rectangle. Hardly anything to destroy a characters face.
    ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By ATrevelan
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @ATrevelan said:
    " @Binman88: Unfortunately, if you picked the Dwarf Commoner origin, you had no choice but to have a facial tattoo. "
    You could easily customise the colour so it's not very noticeable, have it practically blend in with your characters skin. Plus some of the tattoos are just like a small rectangle. Hardly anything to destroy a characters face. "
    This is true, but if you encountered the "Legacy Tattoo" bug it wouldn't be all that helpful.
    fierypayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fierypayne

This is one of the games i missed last year and haven't gotten around to yet. I need more time and less compulsiveness to complete games 100%. I will get to you dragon age, i promise. 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By ravensword

Question, did the PS3 versions Frame rate issues ever get patched?
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LiquidPrince

Awesome.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Seedofpower

Wow, right after i just got done playing 140 hours of it............

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By takua108

But what about mining planets for resources? Have they improved that at all?

Zalasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zalasta

LOL, for all of the praise Bioware gets, they still commit the same cardinal mistake of software development by pushing out a product that is not completely ready and tested.  Another reason why Awakening was overpriced.

slyely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By slyely

It's good that Bioware is continuing to patch the game. I've spent around 150 hours in this game so far and loved it (even with it's flaws). And really...did anyone think that a game this size would not come with bugs? Oh yeah, maybe we are spoiled with the games that have 6-8 hours of gameplay in it (and even those still have bugs)? lol

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By penguindust

This will probably bust most of my addons.  Ah well, I'll have to wait and hope that the ones that do break will be themselves patched.

This_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By This_Dude

Probably one of the biggest games of the last year that I still haven't played.  I gotta get this game soon.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By crusader8463
    @Seedofpower said:

" Wow, right after i just got done playing 140 hours of it............ "

Just think of how much better the next 140 will be now though!

EDIT: I find it hard to believe all these people have had so many bugs with the game. I played it for over 400 hours and I can't recall ever coming across a single bug with the game.
    Druxk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By Druxk
    @Gap said:
    " People still play this?! "
    It's funny you say this.  I just now got around to starting a serious attempt at completing the game even though I purchased it when it came out :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.