Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening is a full retail expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins.

How will this work on consoles?

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sickVisionz

Will this be like the Oblivion pack where it installs to your hard drive?  If so... what's to stop someone from renting this, installing it and calling it a wrap?  If not, is it going to involve a lot of disc swapping to access the content?

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FartyMcNarly
    @sickVisionz: You'll need the disk to play it

EDIT: Or it'll be live only.
    Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

As far as I know, all of the content is separated from the main world so I imagine it will detect your save games from DAO normal and just use the DAOA disc to play the new content.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By Davvyk
    @Fish_Face_McGee said:
    " As far as I know, all of the content is separated from the main world so I imagine it will detect your save games from DAO normal and just use the DAOA disc to play the new content. "
    You think? just that essentially means i can sell dragon age.... 
    Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee
    @Davvyk said:
    " @Fish_Face_McGee said:
    " As far as I know, all of the content is separated from the main world so I imagine it will detect your save games from DAO normal and just use the DAOA disc to play the new content. "
    You think? just that essentially means i can sell dragon age....  "
    I don't know how it's going to work in terms of functioning with the software, but from what I understand from previews and stuff, gameplay-wise, the game is separate from DAO.  You can even create a new Orlesian character if you don't have a character to import.  It's possible that they'll require the DAO disc, but from what I understand, the PC version will function like a traditional expansion pack where you need the previous game installed.  However, since that's not how console games work it's pretty much guaranteed to be either where you don't have to keep the DAOA disc or you don't have to keep the DAO disc.  Either way, you'll be able to sell something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.