Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening is a full retail expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins.

Important question!

Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By The_Philosopher

Can I import my decisions from the first game without resurrecting my character? I want my choices to matter but I don't want to retcon my ending.

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Semition

I don't think so.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

no you need to resurrect to make your choices count.

Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By The_Philosopher

That's pretty dumb. I guess I'll skip this.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

If my PC died at the end of Dragon Age: Origins how are they alive in Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening?

If a player wants to, they can import their "Dead Warden" into Awakening and play as them. For the story it's assumed that they didn't make the ultimate sacrifice, instead somehow survived. A player would start as the same level with the same gear as their "Dead Warden". Essentially, if a player doesn't have a problem hand-waiving the story in this regard - neither do we.

Wow, that is pretty stupid. Talk about polar opposites from Mass Effect. It's not like they couldn't just allow you to start with the new origin story; maybe let your inventory items be recoverable. The choices you make should matter.

Edit: come to think of it, that's actually the way they said they're going to handle it for Mass Effect 3, too. Mreh, it's all in the name of getting you to buy it.
    General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By General_D23

I thought you could import that save and play as the Orlesian Gray Warden with all choices intact? Or is that not true anymore?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.