Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening is a full retail expansion pack for Dragon Age: Origins.

Weird glitches abound? Yep, this is a Bioware game, all right.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Edited By Hailinel

I recently picked up the PS3 version of Dragon Age:  Origins - Awakening and put a little time into it tonight.  So far, it's okay.  More Dragon Age is always a good thing, and it's nice to see that the game didn't completely ignore the choices my imported character made.  Alistair recognizes that she's his wife, for one thing.  And despite a about four months or so of rust, it didn't take me long at all to get back into the swing of the gameplay.

Still, in what little time I've been playing, there are some really weird bugs popping up.  For one thing, sound effects seem to come and go.  Sometimes they're audible, and other times the game is oddly silent when I'm opening doors and chests, picking up items, and in general doing what Gray Wardens do.  Then there's the fact that my character picked up this strange habit of always holding her arms out, like she wants to give everyone she comes across a big hug.  Either that, or she's constantly rehearsing for a Thriller remake.  I'm not sure which.

So yeah, Awakening is about what I expected.  More Dragon Age.  More fun.  More inexplicable bugginess.  I really wish Bioware could do more testing before they ship their games out the door.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hailinel

I recently picked up the PS3 version of Dragon Age:  Origins - Awakening and put a little time into it tonight.  So far, it's okay.  More Dragon Age is always a good thing, and it's nice to see that the game didn't completely ignore the choices my imported character made.  Alistair recognizes that she's his wife, for one thing.  And despite a about four months or so of rust, it didn't take me long at all to get back into the swing of the gameplay.

Still, in what little time I've been playing, there are some really weird bugs popping up.  For one thing, sound effects seem to come and go.  Sometimes they're audible, and other times the game is oddly silent when I'm opening doors and chests, picking up items, and in general doing what Gray Wardens do.  Then there's the fact that my character picked up this strange habit of always holding her arms out, like she wants to give everyone she comes across a big hug.  Either that, or she's constantly rehearsing for a Thriller remake.  I'm not sure which.

So yeah, Awakening is about what I expected.  More Dragon Age.  More fun.  More inexplicable bugginess.  I really wish Bioware could do more testing before they ship their games out the door.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By ahoodedfigure

It's too bad you can't do a screencap of her in zombie mode :)

I remember watching the ME2 DLC and I noticed the character models sort of hopping up and jumping into place as though the camera started rolling without the director saying action.  Nothing that killed the game, but I thought I thought it looked pretty funny.  Not to mention the time I saw Miranda and Jacob go on a jaunt through a wall.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @yourworstnightmare said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "

Wat.
     Wat.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Ugh...

Yeah the game has glitchs abound to make Origins look like it's in pristine condition. 

The most annoying was when talking to the Architect, I obviously won't say much about the conversation for spoilers sake, but midway through my screen just went black yet I could still hear the background sounds. I had to skip with the square button to get back into the conversation. 

I also really hate that the characters you import act as another character to your overall list, so I had to decide accordingly which characters I should delete to allow another one to playthrough the awakening storyline. >=/. 
    Yeah there's alot I don't like about Awakening frankly, here's my review for a more indepth opinion btw...=P    

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    @TheMustacheHero:   Pay that guy no mind.  He got banned for trolling me yesterday and now he's back with a new account an an apparent belief that photoshopping my head into image macros will somehow make me cry in despair and wail at his feet.

Whatever.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss

I was playing the core game on 360 last night when I tried to open my combat wheel; well, instead of opening it properly, the game simply froze in place. There was no combat wheel being displayed, but the game was behaving as if there were. Not only this, but when I hit LT to get the action going again, the game un-paused and brought up my combat wheel! So here I am in real-time combat with a great bloody combat wheel smack dab in the middle of my screen. I hit LT again, the game pauses and the wheel disappears. 

Oh Dragon Age, you buggy mess.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @End_Boss said:
    "I was playing the core game on 360 last night when I tried to open my combat wheel; well, instead of opening it properly, the game simply froze in place. There was no combat wheel being displayed, but the game was behaving as if there were. Not only this, but when I hit LT to get the action going again, the game un-paused and brought up my combat wheel! So here I am in real-time combat with a great bloody combat wheel smack dab in the middle of my screen. I hit LT again, the game pauses and the wheel disappears.  Oh Dragon Age, you buggy mess. "

Sweet n sour christ that happened alot to me! It's down to you bringing up the radial menu too fast either during an auto-save or just in the middle of some annoyingly pre-battle lag =/. You'll need to pause the game when the games paused but no menu on the screen. to fix it all up.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel
    @Abyssfull:   Yeah, at this point, I'm not even sure I'm going to finish the expansion.  The characters and personality are there (well, aside from most of the characters I actually liked from the core game), but the bugs I've been experiencing make it very hard to stay focused and really get into it.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By turbomonkey138

WHAT THE FUCK HOW DARE YOU THIS GAME IS THE PERFECT MOST AMAZING ......

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Oh.....erm never mind
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee
    @turbomonkey138:
    Leliana wearing splintmail...are you INsaane?!? Also funny glitchs. i haven't come across anything that severe on the console version, surprisingly enough =P
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hailinel
    @turbomonkey138:   Bald isn't a bug, it's a feature.  :P
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Alexander
    @Hailinel: You have some mad crazy stalker on your tale.
    hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hungrynun

Obligatory.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yummylee
    @hungrynun:
    LMFAO!
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By End_Boss
    @Abyssfull: Thanks for the tip, duder. Had to reload before.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @hungrynun said:

" Obligatory.

"
    LOL
    Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Semition

Also

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hailinel
    @Alexander:   Don't I know it.  The mods seem to have taken care of him, though.  I guess I'll know with time.

@hungrynun: Goodness gracious, that was bizarre.
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Forgive the necroposting but goddamn Awakenings is buggy as fuck!

Some details: I'm playing the pc version on Steam post big patch, it seemed fine other than a memory leak until I hit the Silverite mine in Wending Wood. Basically your party becomes naked and you have to fight through a dungeon to get it back. I got all of my party member's stuff back but not my main. So, I'm left with reloading a few hours ago and unequip everything on my main character, before this mine sequence, in order to keep it. 

I'm glad I found a reliable way but I'm still way annoyed. I just wanted to play through this expansion before DA2 comes out in about 10 days.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yummylee

The worst one that is still stuck in the PS3 version, is how you lose all volume for the sound effects when you first enter the Keep. It happens every freakin time, so I'm almost willing to accept it's just a scripted part of the game...

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kingzetta

Necrobumping does not make you a Necromancer.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Roger778

I've played three imported playthroughs of Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, and the only glitches I've noticed is on the conversations with the Architect, or any major character.  There have been times when the screen would go black, but you could still hear the background.  Once you select a new response the game goes back to normal.   

That's it, however.  The game itself has never crashed on me, and I haven't seen any other glitches.  So, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By RedRoach
    @Hailinel: That weird hug thing happened to me too, My character was stuck in that position in both cutscene and gameplay, it was actually pretty funny to watch him not do the animation for the ability, but still spin around like a lunatic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.