Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Dragon Age:Origins is making me crazy

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By Nictel

So with the Ultimate Edition coming out and Dragon Age 2 in pre-order. I decided that it was a good time to prepare for the arrival of DA2 by playing through Dragon Age with the savegame I wanted. I have played through the game once with a male human noble but I wasn't really happy with all of my choices. 

So I started playing, due to time constraints I was only able to finish Leliana's Song and Darkspawn Chronicles before DA2 hit my doormat. crap. 
    So that is now staring at me. I want to play it really, but I do want to have my savegame imported. So not in another 100 hours of game time/. Worse as I started my journey as a female human noble this time, I noticed all the other options. Part of me craves for an evil blood magic infused world domination together with Morrigan. So I also started an evil path with a male elven mage.  

But then I realised that I hadn't done any dwarven stories or the elven forest start. Looking at the possible endings on wikia. I probably need to play this game another 3 times to truly experience it all! For a total of 5 games with about 100 hours per adventure. Luckily I don't need to do that today. 

My plan is to finish the "good" line and go on to DA2 with that save. Finish that than go back to DA:O to finish the evil line and go in to DA2 with that. Finally somewhere I need to do those other origin stories and maybe a bit of the game as well. Of course there will be DLC and a DA3 which means I'll be repeating this entire ordeal in about 2 years from now...

Luckily Mass Effect 3 isn't out yet. Since I need to do Mass Effect 2 with all the DLC as well. Just waiting for that announcement of the ultimate edition of that. Which will surely come. 

Bioware knows how to keep me occupied.  

P.S. You might want to ask; "But what about those games you bought during the Steam Sale?" Yeah. I still need to finish those too. Oh and the God of War trilogy and Demon Souls and Fable3 and, and and and... Can we not have any new games for about a year or so? Oh and in that year it only rains and there is no work to be done.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nictel

So with the Ultimate Edition coming out and Dragon Age 2 in pre-order. I decided that it was a good time to prepare for the arrival of DA2 by playing through Dragon Age with the savegame I wanted. I have played through the game once with a male human noble but I wasn't really happy with all of my choices. 

So I started playing, due to time constraints I was only able to finish Leliana's Song and Darkspawn Chronicles before DA2 hit my doormat. crap. 
    So that is now staring at me. I want to play it really, but I do want to have my savegame imported. So not in another 100 hours of game time/. Worse as I started my journey as a female human noble this time, I noticed all the other options. Part of me craves for an evil blood magic infused world domination together with Morrigan. So I also started an evil path with a male elven mage.  

But then I realised that I hadn't done any dwarven stories or the elven forest start. Looking at the possible endings on wikia. I probably need to play this game another 3 times to truly experience it all! For a total of 5 games with about 100 hours per adventure. Luckily I don't need to do that today. 

My plan is to finish the "good" line and go on to DA2 with that save. Finish that than go back to DA:O to finish the evil line and go in to DA2 with that. Finally somewhere I need to do those other origin stories and maybe a bit of the game as well. Of course there will be DLC and a DA3 which means I'll be repeating this entire ordeal in about 2 years from now...

Luckily Mass Effect 3 isn't out yet. Since I need to do Mass Effect 2 with all the DLC as well. Just waiting for that announcement of the ultimate edition of that. Which will surely come. 

Bioware knows how to keep me occupied.  

P.S. You might want to ask; "But what about those games you bought during the Steam Sale?" Yeah. I still need to finish those too. Oh and the God of War trilogy and Demon Souls and Fable3 and, and and and... Can we not have any new games for about a year or so? Oh and in that year it only rains and there is no work to be done.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yep. Save importing is a bastard, isn't it? But really, I imported my save file from Dragon Age and other than a few sparse references and cameos there wasn't much difference. It's not even Mass Effect 2, where they practically call back to every single time Shepard scratched his nose in the first game without much actual gameplay benefit. I think you're alright if you only play it once or twice more to get your "ideal" save file. I mean, Youtube does exist for all your "So that's what the other ending is!" needs.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By endaround

Well if you are playing on the PC there are some really great mods , notably Quests and Legends, to extend the playing time even further!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

There's a pretty cool save game generator for the pc that will make you an unplayable but importable save for DA2. It takes about 2 minutes to go through all the checkboxes and craft the Origins story that you want. I can't link it from my iPad but the DL is at social.bioware.com/project/4242 if you want to check it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.