Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

is it worth the switch to pc version

J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By J_Weezy

i bought dragon age yesterday on ps3 cuz i had it preordered and ever since i started playing it all ie been hearing is how the pc version is far superior. i am currently about 11 hours into the game and id like to know are the differences so much better and distinct that i should trade my ps3 version back into gamestop for the 40 dollar deal and get the pc version or is it not worth it. thx in advance :]
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

a RPG like that would feel much better on a PC anyway. so i'd say do it  
    your call, though. i'd keep it if you're really enjoying the PS3 version right now

J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By J_Weezy

i dont think at max but at medium high im pretty sure 
    J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By J_Weezy

bump 
    citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By citizenjp

I'm actually gonna get it for PC cuz I like the UI better. So I'd say yeah totally get it for PC. Bioware makes good PC games imo. :)

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By m1k3

i heard that the PC version has another camera mode that the ps3 and 360 doesn't have. cant remember what though. im downloading the PC version off steam right now

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By maxszy

I'd say depends on whether or not your computer can run it and at what settings. Also whether you would accept the settings that it is at.

I am playing it on the 360.. I would love to play it on the PC but my PC couldn't run it much above the minimum requirements and I would hate to have all the graphics turned way down like that. 

I just started so being 11 hours in.. I would say its not worth the switch unless you REALLY want the UI.

ThisArmyStud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThisArmyStud

DEF get it for PC dude, the game looks and plays like shit on consoles. If you can MAX this bitch, then the mouse and keyboard will get you the pussy.

raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By raddevon

I was surprised to find that my fairly modest PC runs this at 1080p at a very high framerate. I turned off anti-aliasing (I don't find that it helps much at high resolutions.) which I'm sure helped. I have everything set at high, and I'm very pleased. I have a Pentium Dual Core 2.0GHz (not a Core 2) with 2GB RAM and a recently purchased HD4850 video card. I probably have $350-$400 in the whole build right now.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#10  Edited By citizenkane

It is definitely worth it to switch to the PC version if you can run it fairly well.

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By SilenceUK

pc version runs like a dream though i have a hypersetting crysis rig but as the review on this very sight says get pc over the consoles
    J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By J_Weezy

thanks alot for all the replys guys i really appreciate i think im gonna see if i can get it for cheap anywhere and if not then ill shell out the 40$ for the pc version, thx again :]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.