Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

I've just gone to Denerim with Arl Eamon. How much longer?

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bwheeeler

I really want to finish this and Awakening (and possibly the other DLC) by the time 2 comes out, but I'm not sure I'll have time. Am I close to the finish? Thanks!

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By melcene

Yes, you're getting close. 

For storyline purposes, don't bother with the other DLC other than awakening (since that may affect your world in DA2 and the others probably won't). 

Ottosmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ottosmann

I wanna say you might have about five hours left, or maybe even a little less.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cannedstingray
    @melcene: 

I didn't realize Awakening tied into the main story, does it have much of an impact??  I started it but only played for about an hour, it just seemed too combat focused so I didn't continue.. 
    But if itn will affect my Da2 game then maybe I should finish??
    Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Shard

Agree on the five hour mark.  Awakenings is about 12 hours or less, depends on how many side quests you choose to accomplish. 
    neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By neoepoch
    @melcene said:
    " Yes, you're getting close.  For storyline purposes, don't bother with the other DLC other than awakening (since that may affect your world in DA2 and the others probably won't).  "
    Apparently all DLC that your Warden is able to play will affect something in 2. That includes Awakening, Witch Hunt, and the Golems of something or other.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @neoepoch said:

" @melcene said:

" Yes, you're getting close.  For storyline purposes, don't bother with the other DLC other than awakening (since that may affect your world in DA2 and the others probably won't).  "
    Apparently all DLC that your Warden is able to play will affect something in 2. That includes Awakening, Witch Hunt, and the Golems of something or other. "
    Witch Hunt and Golems are fucking terrible, though, and even if they do implement the odd pick of dialogue in there I wouldn't recommend anyone buy them.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By melcene
    @bluecollaralaskan: Considering that 1 and a half of the character from Awakening ends up in DA2... and also there's a big decision to make regarding the darkspawn, I think it may be important, though I could be totally wrong.  We won't know the extent till we really get to see DA2. 

@neoepoch: I just fail to see how a piece of 1-2 hour DLC that ultimately did nothing to the world or your storyline would have any impact.  But then, I'm bitter over Witch Hunt.
    cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By cannedstingray
    @melcene:
    I see, well, I guess I should try to run through awakenings sometime soon then..
    suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By suikoden352

i have the ultimate edition which had origins, awakening, and all the dlc as well. i played thru it all just because it was there already and wanted to see what it all offered. i'd say if you have them all then just go ahead and do them. more likely to have the chance of somethin nifty waitin for ya in DA2 or could be nothing at all. who knows. none of the dlc takes that long though and awakening is pretty straight forward.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By neoepoch
    @melcene: Hey, I'm just throwing it out there. I read it on the site and so I'm just lettin' you know.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By melcene
    @neoepoch: NP.  Like I said, I'm just bitter over how Witch Hunt turned out.  I was very disappoint.
    Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By Dookysharpgun

Witch hunt was only about an hour and a half, if you really stretched it out, but it was worth playing just for the lead up to dragon age 2, I agree with the dislike for witch hunt. After all the hype, they really let it down, what was the point in doing anything in that DLC? Darkspawn chronicles was bull, golems was odd and boring, awakening is good fun, and it isn't that long.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.