Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Powers for Good or for Awesome?

DeviantJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DeviantJoker

One thing I enjoy about these games are that they try to inject some morality into your choices. While some may argue the overall end result can be the same (you save the princess in the castle, whether you're a jackass or not) -- sometimes just the response I get from kicking the dog or petting it can make me chuckle a bit as I image my character in my head.

That being said, how do you play your characters - white shining night, the guy that kicks kittens, or somewhere in between.. or how else would you describe him/her? Obviously, replay value is high - so playing all the moral story-lines is quite possible... but then is there a way you choose a certain characters attitude as the game goes?

Like in Dragon Age, are you going to play the angry elf who's racist against humans for all the pains they have caused his people? So is it by race then? Maybe it'sa gender thing, do you want your female PC to seem like a femme fatale? Perhaps class, do you see the rogue as someone who needs to tread the line and choose the choices that get him the most loot? Maybe you want that certain 'Romance' and so you bend over backwards to fit whatever mold to get that particular scene? Or do you model it after your own personality?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

"You want me to save that dude?"

"Yeah I'll give you get a little bit of good karma"

"You want me to slay that dude"

"Yeah I'm stinking rich I'll give you a shit load of cash."

You can normally tell the rewards from the way someone looks. And I just want a better reward.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I usually do what I would do in real life, which ends up as me being a knight in shining armor.

In Dragon Age, I'm gonna try to be an elf who gets all this shit but doesn't really care, but if the elf has to have some deep hatred for everyone else, I'll end up playing as a human knight dude.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Death_Unicorn: Baldur's gate 2 was all good on that kind of thing, always played a ranger, none of the dialouge options suggested anything like that, and as it's based on that it'll probably be the same, do you get to chose your class though, I thought this game was skipping between characters and was basically giving you the run down, maybe you'll stay the same person but alternate through time periods.
    DeviantJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeviantJoker
    @Ineedaname said:
    do you get to chose your class though, I thought this game was skipping between characters and was basically giving you the run down
    As far as I understand it you choose both an 'Origin' (1 of 6 possible) as well as a 'Class' (Warrior, Rogue, Mage). Much like BG2, you have a main character which you choose the class of, but also have companions as well that you meet along the way to add to your party (9 from what I hear -- though you can only have 3 additional active including your main PC)
    Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Colonel_Fury

I usually play good on my first playthrough. The second playthrough I do everything the excate opposite of how I did it in the first.

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Happy

Completely depends on the companions in a Bioware game for me. I'm usually the nice guy but BG2 all the fun characters were evil. Well I suppose having both Anomen and Jan was pretty damn amusing. But Edwin and Korgan were complete bad asses. I really hope Dragon Age gives you some colorful people to recruit.

Slayeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Slayeric

For Dragon Age there are a few paths I plan on taking. The elf trying to prove his people worthy to a society that looks/talks down to them. A character that's paladin good. I'm also looking at playing a character (probably on my first play though) that answers the things the way I would answer them. Then the theif character that's indifferent. And then a character that's wickedly evil.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.