Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Should I get the Ultimate Edition or just the regular?

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#1  Edited By wumbo3000

It's on sale on Steam this week and I'm really excited cause I've wanted to play this for a while now.  My question is should I get just the game by itself for 15 bucks or get ultimate edition for 20?  Are the expansion packs and awakening any good?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By endaround

Awakening for $5 is worth it.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SlightConfuse

Yes get the ultimate edition. Awakening is good and most of the dlc is worth. Also for five bucks more you get a hundred dollars worth if content

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Rhaknar

they are the same price in europe lol. but yeah get ultimate, awakening is great and another 15hours or so, and it has all 9 pieces of DLC, including the stone golem which adds the best character in the game (in my opinion)

m1m1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By m1m1c

BUY IT JUST BUY IT NOW! SERIOUSLY! AWAKENING FOR $5 IS LIKE AHHHHHHH SO GOOD!

I think i've made my point...
    dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By dagas

5 bucks for the expansion and all DLC...there is really no question about it even if it's not as good as the original game. You might as well have it if you feel like playing more and even if it's not as good it's still pretty good if you like DA.

Like Rhaknar said they are both €15 in EU. I wonder who would not buy UE in EU =P

I really enjoy playing Origins again on PC even after having played it many times on PC. Better gameplay and graphics plus plenty of great mods make it an almost new experience. Instead of looking like an XBOX1 game it actually looks pretty darned good on highest settings. And I can max out the settings even with a mediocre €90 video card.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB

I don't think Awakening is particularly good compared to the main game, but it's definitely worth the extra fiver.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Enigma777

Ultimate, hands down.

Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Laksa

thats weird, the ultimate edition isnt showing up for me on steam. just the regular and awakening

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.