Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

From the developers of the Guilty Gear Xrd series of fighting games comes a more traditional tag-team fighting game adaptation of the Dragon Ball manga and anime.

Will this get a cross coast Quick Look?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

In 3 days, Dragon Ball FighterZ will finally come out and already based on reviews, this looks like a real winner. Of course a Giant Bomb Quick Look is inevitable but I wonder. Will this be a cross coast Quick Look? Or to clarify, will Vinny be present in the video? We know Jeff and Jason are going to cover it considering that they are the fighting game scientists and if Ben feels better, he'll be around too. Though whenever I see a Dragon Ball game about to be released, I always think of the old Ryan/Vinny Dragon Ball quick looks. He's always been one of the Dragon ball experts on Giant Bomb ever since its inception:

It would be cool for GB West to get Vinny onto this QL, even though tag fighters aren't normally Vinny's thing.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think Vinny & Austin (guest) should be in this just cuz They love DB

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By FLStyle

Hey when the Dragon Ball games were terrible Ryan and Vinny were the exact pair to cover them. Very entertaining. But let's be honest, Vinny will barely remember anything from DBZ now and certainly won't know anything from Dragon Ball Super. "Expert" is not the term I would use at all.

And from a fighting game perspective the only two people who should be covering this are Jason and Ben, Jeff is great for covering old fighting games granted. But this is a new game and Jeff doesn't pay attention to them half as much as Jason and Ben. Even more so for it being a Marvel style of game.

Inevitably with Ben not back this will be done by Jason and Jeff as was the Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition QL.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff, Ben, and Jason is my guess. It would be nice to have Vinny and Brads expert anime commentary though

Solidus_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the DBFZ QL got posted and the audio is jacked. The page is down now BUT! if your one of the 3 people that Download all your Videos like Me then here is a TLDR dumb settings your can punch into VLC to....um hear anyone talk over the game. Yes im sure someone will fix it and repost it but eh I know there is like 2 people who might care to use this.

VLC Adjustments and Effects settings menu!

enable Equalizer and Compressor under the Audio Effects Tabs

Under Equalizer tab

Preamp = -8.0 dB

60Hz = 12.0 dB

170Hz =13.0 dB

310Hz = 15.0 dB

600Hz = 15.0 dB

1KHz = 9.0 dB

3KHz = -4.0 dB

6KHz = -9.5 dB

12KHz = -12.5 dB

14KHz = -13.5 dB

16KHz = -13.5 dB

Compressor Tab

RMS/Peak = 0.0

Attack = 90.5ms

Release = 390.0ms

Threshold = -8.5dB

Ratio = 6.5:1

Knee radius = 3.0dB

Makeup Gain = 2.3dB

As I punched that in I realized this might only work for my Headphones...... :/

IT makes the QL sound like your Playing DBFz in the same room as your self but the GB crew is on another side of a wall. Like a cheep hotel wall. At lest it wont kill your ears...

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They pulled the Monster Hunter quick look as well.. I watched the whole thing on Youtube and the only thing I noticed was that Jason's footage had some weird audio artifacts on the game audio. Maybe they are fixing that as well?

grephat_isch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By grephat_isch

I've been so confused all morning. Watched the monster Hunter QL (didn't notice any audio hiccups), and by the time I was done they were both gone.

Can't figure out which one I want more:(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.