Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butoden (loosely translated to "Dragon Ball Revised: Ultimate Fighting Legend") is a 2.5D sci-fi fantasy fighting game developed by Game Republic and published by Namco Bandai for the Nintendo DS exclusively in Japan on February 3, 2011.
A spiritual sequel to the Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden series of fighting games based on the Dragon Ball manga and anime series, Ultimate Butoden utilizes the unique art style of the studio's earlier Dragon Ball games Dragon Ball: Origins and Dragon Ball: Origins 2. Along with a traditional control scheme, players can perform special moves and "ultimate attacks" as buttons on the touch screen.
It is one of the few games to bear the "Dragon Ball Kai" name and covers the entire main Dragon Ball Z storyline (along with some bonus characters from the series' animated films and specials).
The game includes 51 playable characters and transformations. Characters can not transform mid-match.
- Goku (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3)
- Gohan (teen, teen Super Saiyan, teen Super Saiyan 2, adult, adult Super Saiyan)
- King Kai
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, "Majin")
- Captain Ginyu
- Frieza (final and "Mecha" forms)
- Trunks (future timeline, future timeline Super Saiyan)
- Android #20
- Android #17
- Android #18
- Android #16
- Cell (perfect form)
- Goten (Super Saiyan)
- Trunks (Super Saiyan)
- Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3)
- Vegito (Super Saiyan)
- Majin Buu (Fat, Super, and Pure forms)
- Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Gogeta (Super Saiyan)