Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Feb 05, 2015

A fighting game for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC set in the Dragon Ball Z universe.

Dragonball Xenoverse Discussion

• 70 results
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I can't tell if it's been mentioned yet, but if you've beaten the story mode already go ahead and collect those time shards. Not only does it unlock a "secret boss" type thing, but you also get access to a PQ called "Great Ape Festival" (I think it's PQ53?). It is the single best PQ for grinding in the game. I took a freshly made Saiyan from level 1 to 46 in a matter of minutes. Also you get a slight chance of spawning a rival Time Patroller who may or may not drop a dragon ball.

On that note, dumping a ton of points in Strike Supers, going SSJ2 and spamming Blue Hurricane has single-handedly trivialized most of the notoriously difficult PQs for me. I'd feel dirty if I wasn't so relieved.

If you want to grind dragon balls, just do PQ 12, the Ginyu Force one. A Time Patroller can spawn in the first area you start in, if they don't drop a Key Item just retry until they do, and then complete the quest. Repeat until all seven are yours. It's an easy quest too. Like, you can do it in five minutes or so.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@flstyle: I played that quest like a hundred times and never got it. My friend, on the other hand, got it on like his first or second try. Then we did that quest in online co-op and I got it the first time.

It's bullshit.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By FLStyle

@turtlebird95 said:

@flstyle: I played that quest like a hundred times and never got it. My friend, on the other hand, got it on like his first or second try. Then we did that quest in online co-op and I got it the first time.

It's bullshit.

I think I've gotten out of the difficulty spike between Frieza and Cell sagas, seem to be doing well without x20 Kaioken. I've completed Vegeta's training and beaten him in the defend Hercule quest so currently I'm rocking an 8 foot Namekian that has

• Full power charge
    • Big Bang attack
    • X3 Kaioken
    • All Clear (which in this is a close range multi-person hitting strike super)

My ultimates are Final Flash and Paralysis. Just started Ginyu training so that I can get to Freiza's Supernova ultimate. Death ball is apparently the best ultimate in the game but Supernova is not far off and looks cooler, should be enough to beat the AI in story at least.

I haven't played any online versus but X20 kaioken is a must for non-super saiyans for the unlimited evasion skills to counter their unlimited supers and ultimates.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@flstyle: no, instant transmission is the must if we're talking about evading ultimates

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: ooooo, I forgot that was in the game after using it in the Goku prologue, definitely want that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

My ultimates are Final Flash and Paralysis. Just started Ginyu training so that I can get to Freiza's Supernova ultimate. Death ball is apparently the best ultimate in the game but Supernova is not far off and looks cooler, should be enough to beat the AI in story at least.

Pun intended? :P

I really, REALLY like Final Flash. It deals good damage, has great range, looks cool, and does a great job to thin crowds that try to gang up on you. I have a level 80 Frieza dude and I have still not found an ultimate worthy of replacing it. (And I've got some of the moves you get from Shenron)

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

Pun intended? :P

hahaha I didn't even realise that.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think my least favorite part of this game so far is that mentors appear in the city based on RNG. It really sucks when you finish up with one mentor and then can't find another one.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kerse: A quick way to deal with that is to just go into the PQ character select screen and then immediately back out so that it refreshes the map for you. It's not perfect but its probably the best we got.

I dp think the RNG in general is the worst thing, though. I can deal with the weird translation errors and jank, but running a certain PQ 30+ times in a row just to get a single move to drop nearly broke me. The worst part of it is that not only are your drops based on RNG, but having the events trigger that would lead to you possibly getting that drop are also based on RNG.

That said, this is probably the only game I've played on PS4 since its release and I've even considered getting it on PC. It's good.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kerse

@mindbullet: Yeah I agree. I had to run one PQ at least 30 times to advance in Vegeta's mentor quests.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kerse said:

@mindbullet: Yeah I agree. I had to run one PQ at least 30 times to advance in Vegeta's mentor quests.

As someone just starting out--how do you advance mentor training? I'm studying under Krillin. All he's said to this point is "use my strike super a bunch, I don't know."

Well, Krillin. If you don't know, I don't know either, bubba.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@historyinrust: I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it goes up a little bit after each story mission/PQ and how much it goes up is based on the rating you got for it. I guess it could be based on the experience you get, but I don't think so since even at high levels it took about the same amount of time for the mentors I've done. You definitely don't have to use the ability they last taught you at all though. I never used some of them and was able to advance.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone just starting out--how do you advance mentor training? I'm studying under Krillin. All he's said to this point is "use my strike super a bunch, I don't know."

Well, Krillin. If you don't know, I don't know either, bubba.

I'm not sure if there's been any hard evidence yet, but from what I can tell/what I've heard there are several factors that affect your mentor approval.

You can:

-Take your mentor with you on PQs. You can even double up for an extra boost. If Krillin is your mentor for instance, you can fill both of your ally slots with two different versions or 'costumes' of Krillin. There are certain mentors like Frieza who have multiple forms (such as Final Form and Full Power that count as seperate models) though, and I think there are only certain forms that actually count towards your mentor relationship.

-Use their moves in combat. Spam Orin Combo or whatever move you get from them and you'll get a slight boost in your relationship every time you use it (but it has to hit someone/do damage to count).

-Level up. Apparently you'll gain a certain amount of favor with your mentor just by leveling up while under them. I guess the best way to go about this is to make a new character after you've unlocked the rest of your character slots and then run PQ53 a few times.

-Revive your mentor when they get KO'ed in combat. I've heard that you get a small boost every time you do this.

-Talk to them between missions. Another thing I've heard helps. It doesn't do much but every little bit counts. Also, they'll sometimes give you items just because they like you.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got this today on PS4. xDarkAssassa1nx (don't judge me) if anyone wants to play!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New DLC was released today btw. Doesn't really seem like it's worth $10 to me. :/

nbanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

New DLC was released today btw. Doesn't really seem like it's worth $10 to me. :/

I agree with you, I purchased it anyway because I can't get enough of this game. Hopefully the remaining DLC is fleshed out a bit more. I have a feeling it's still going to be in these small chunks though.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nbanx said:

@turtlebird95 said:

I agree with you, I purchased it anyway because I can't get enough of this game. Hopefully the remaining DLC is fleshed out a bit more. I have a feeling it's still going to be in these small chunks though.

What are you two talking about? Everyone wants to be mentored by Yamcha!

hahahahahaha

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i love me some DBZ whenever i see it, and the last one i played was burst limit on ps3, and played a fair bit. But for the most part they can be bad games, like that really shitty one i had at one point I'm blanking on the name, where you roam around and shit. anyways, IS THIS GAME ACTUALLY GOOD?? it keeps showing up on steam for me and i keep looking at it and i want to buy it but i don't know if i should, but i want to because its dragon ball..... on my pc.. are you guys enjoying it? is it worth 60 bucks?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@luca717 said:

IS THIS GAME ACTUALLY GOOD??

are you guys enjoying it?

is it worth 60 bucks?

Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.