Character Creation in Dragon Ball

#1 Posted by Terrents (330 posts) -

so i recently got the newest dragon ball Z game in the mail from game fly. i was very happy to see burst limit was going back to the tenkaichi  but i quickly became bored. i have played this same game to many times. and even though they spice it up in small ways its not enough anymore. I think a huge change that could really help refresh the franchise would be character creation. picking all their clothes and crazy spikey hair, their alien race, and even their special moves. i would have fun hours of fun with this. they could even put alot more RPG elements into it. like when you get strong enough you could turn super sayian. (if you were a sayian) or if you were a alien get a second form or something? 

Discuss!
#2 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

Since I use to love DBZ as a teenager I promise not to talk any shit right now. ;)

#3 Posted by hockeymask27 (3700 posts) -

Is it weird I had these same thoughts like 8  years ago? Oh DBZ never die. 

#4 Posted by Terrents (330 posts) -

shameful bump
#5 Posted by ryanwho (12011 posts) -

Thought they were doing an MMO set in this universe.

#6 Posted by Black_Rose (7772 posts) -

Didn't Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had this in a way? I remember reading about it in the manual and online but I could never figure out how to do it. 

#7 Posted by Terrents (330 posts) -
@Black_Rose said:
"Didn't Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had this in a way? I remember reading about it in the manual and online but I could never figure out how to do it.  "

no, but it makes it think you can by letting you edit the stats of characters from DBZ. with silly items and stuff that make no visual changes.
#8 Posted by Malakhii (1444 posts) -
#9 Posted by jacksukeru (6774 posts) -

Considering how samey Akira Toriyama's characters have started looking over time, and how similar most of a characters moves are in those games, it could probably work quite well.

#10 Posted by Destinycero (34 posts) -

Why can't DBZ just die, it not really that good

#11 Posted by Terrents (330 posts) -
@Destinycero:
Why can't Pokemon just die, it not really that good
#12 Posted by EpicSteve (6908 posts) -

The whole point is playing as all the characters. I wouldn't care for character creation. 

Avatar image for vegetaslittlesister
#13 Posted by VegetasLittleSister (4 posts) -

Could all the Dragon Ball Z fans please sign this petition for me?  I don't think this website allows you to click links in forums but you can copy and paste it.  http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/allow-dragon-ball-z-fanart-to-be-sold-on-deviantart.html

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.