Digitally remastered dragon ball z sucks!!!!!!

#1 Edited by banned8921 (1374 posts) -
I started with the old dbz episodes I loved the music I hate this n ew music in the digitally remasterd version... I also hate how they outlined the clouds with a dark pen it looks so fake Im going to sell my box set of season 1 and just buy the old dvd set... This was the only good anime now its ruined.

Old nostalgic dbz opening

New stupid music in the digitally remastered version

I mean come on the new song sucks.
#2 Posted by jakob187 (22947 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"dragon ball z sucks!!!!!!"

#3 Posted by Vinchenzo (6461 posts) -

New stupid music in the digitally remastered version

Avatar image for darkenzanarikado
#4 Posted by DarkEnzanArikado (205 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Levio91 said:
"dragon ball z sucks!!!!!!"

"
#5 Posted by Figcoinc (114 posts) -

Wow......such ignorance.

That "new music" is actually the original music to the series. 

*facepalm*

#6 Posted by suneku (3005 posts) -

lol yeah

original JP intro > english intro

#7 Posted by Jayge_ (10269 posts) -

Nothing beats Rock The Dragon, although props to the original JP intro.

#8 Posted by TheHBK (5672 posts) -

Yeah, I always find the japanese music fits the series better.  Geez, go back and watch your dumbed down first english dubs that are missing blood.

#9 Edited by suneku (3005 posts) -

english dub sucks... they censored out all the bad words that are in the original version!

#10 Posted by Black_Rose (7772 posts) -
suneku said:
"english dub sucks... they censored out all the bad words that are in the original version!"
Yeah. Although i like the latin american version better than the japanese.

And lol, Cha la - Head cha la was the original song.
Avatar image for relentlessknight
#11 Posted by RelentlessKnight (1132 posts) -

ugh.. this is the reason why I hate people who "ALWAYS" thinks that the japanese version is much better. Or Anime in general. This "english" opening seems to get you pumped up for some Dragonball Z action. This opening seems fitting with a rocking and catchy, its really fitting for this series. For an action shonen of course. The Japanese opening is rather great but it seems "out of reach" as far as I'm concerned.

And also, have you seen the japanese version of DBZ? The voices are kinda weird, and tbh, the english version is better, they fit those voices well.

Suneku, dubs tend to be that way, you know, Japan has some weird things towards anime. They have to censor those stuff  because DBZ and others is for a "Younger Audience" and you just don't want to have Controvesy over anime, you know Death Note and other animes got some sights towards the news. Do you want to see underage moe kids in anime flirting with an High schooler, that will be a target of pedophiles(to catch a predator) and Too much blood/action that it might be as worse as video game controvesy? And again, DBZ is anime(a cartoon) shown in the afternoon, it might corrupt some kids and do some crazy stuff(like the GTA incident and other dumb stuff).

#12 Posted by jakob187 (22947 posts) -

Now that I finally went and watched the videos...

...I completely agree with you, Levio.  New music is fucking shitty.
#13 Posted by sionweeks (716 posts) -

Well the 2nd video is the Japanese intro, so it isn't really all that sucky. Although I would have to agree Rock The Dragon is so much better.  It's only better though because of nostalgia, and I could care less about the Dub being "dumbed down"  It's what I grew up watching, so to me, and thousands of others, the Dub is way better.

AND DRAGON BALL Z DOES NOT SUCK!!!!!!!11111111ONE

#14 Posted by jakob187 (22947 posts) -
jakob187 said:
""dragon ball z sucks!!!!!!"
...and if I said it, you can bet it's the truth.
#15 Posted by sionweeks (716 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"jakob187 said:
...and if I said it, you can bet it's the truth."
Are you the master of everything in the Universe or something? =P

DRAGON BALL Z ROCKS!!!!
#16 Posted by jakob187 (22947 posts) -
sionweeks said:
"jakob187 said:
"jakob187 said:

DRAGON BALL Z ROCKS!!!!"
.........................................................yes.  duh.
I'm sorry that the truth hurts.
#17 Posted by suneku (3005 posts) -

lulz yes I've watched DBZ in Japanese. And I actually DO like the JP voices better, I will admit the English voice for Goku is great. But I still also like Goku's JP voice, and everyone else's JP voices > english voices in this series.

I don't even want to get into the whole subject about entertainment medias "corrupting" kids.

#18 Posted by sionweeks (716 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"sionweeks said:
"jakob187 said:
"jakob187 said:

DRAGON BALL Z ROCKS!!!!"
.........................................................yes.  duh.
I'm sorry that the truth hurts.
"
Well you are the master of everything in the Universe because you have Viewtiful Joe in your DP!!

And the truth about Dragon Ball Z is that it does, in fact, ROCK!  And the truth doesn't hurt, it feels good my friend, just like turning SS! KA-ME-HA....
#19 Posted by jakob187 (22947 posts) -
sionweeks said:
"And the truth about Dragon Ball Z is that it does, in fact, ROCK!  And the truth doesn't hurt, it feels good my friend, just like turning SS! KA-ME-HA...."
Whatever all that meant...
The majority of anime sucks balls.  Sorry.  Old school stuff was sweet, but nowadays, it's just ridiculous.

Especially Death Note.
#20 Posted by sionweeks (716 posts) -

Oh yeah totally. It's absolutely terrible.  DBZ is only good because of nostalgia.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
#21 Posted by RelentlessKnight (1132 posts) -
suneku said:
"lulz yes I've watched DBZ in Japanese. And I actually DO like the JP voices better, I will admit the English voice for Goku is great. But I still also like Goku's JP voice, and everyone else's JP voices > english voices in this series.

I don't even want to get into the whole subject about entertainment medias "corrupting" kids."
Vegeta's voice in the dub is amazing as well as the other androids, I watched the JP version and wow! Goku sounds like a girl which is typical for an anime but meh...
#22 Posted by Tearhead (2469 posts) -

Yeeeaaa.... that "new" music is OLD. 

#23 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4941 posts) -

Dragon ball z Sux let alone the original japanese, or english dub.

I owned season 1-4 of the digitally remasrteed 30-40 dollar things and there are lots of problems least of all the remastering in high def caused for cut off scenes since the original master tapes WERE never in 16:9 but they remastered the show in 16:9 causing for heads to be cut off in quite a few scenes.

The new English dubbings in the remastered kept most of the cusswords and removed the censoring of blood and such but that doesn't change the fact the show sux, I sold those seasons cause i realized i was never gonna buy what i could get free online specially since i dont like the show i dont know why i purchased the first 4 seasons in the first place for that matter.

#24 Posted by jakob187 (22947 posts) -

If you don't like the show...why do you watch it?  That makes no sense to me.

#25 Posted by hazelnutman (1121 posts) -

I don't know why, I but I really liked the Philippine/English dubbed version of Head Cha La.

#26 Posted by Cube (4410 posts) -

Fuck, you're stupid.

#27 Posted by LiquidPrince (17073 posts) -
hazelnutman said:
"I don't know why, I but I really liked the Philippine/English dubbed version of Head Cha La.

"
Yeah, that is pretty catchy.
#28 Edited by Solid_SnakeXx (1838 posts) -

the latin spanish version is the best
SHALA ES SHALA MIRAD QUE MI corazon tiene emocion shalaaaa

#29 Posted by OGCartman (4330 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"

Old nostalgic dbz opening

"

Words cant express the overwhelming nostalgia from this entrance music.
Seriously.

But i strongly disagree with your title. DBZ still rules, even with this `digitally remastered` horseshit.
But compared to the original, yes, its ashame what they did.
#30 Posted by MadThad0890 (98 posts) -

OP is a dumb ass

#31 Posted by OmegaPirate (5642 posts) -

Digitally remastered levios sucks

#32 Posted by Vinchenzo (6461 posts) -
MadThad0890 said:
"OP is a dumb ass"
You don't even know the half of it.
#33 Posted by pause422 (6343 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"MadThad0890 said:
"OP is a dumb ass"
You don't even know the half of it."
Well that doesn't even need to be stated for everyone to know its true.
#34 Posted by ThePhenomenal1 (481 posts) -

i've always prefered the japanese music and voices in the dragon ball series. theres new music in dragon ball kai and re-recorded voice overs. so they are different.

#35 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6872 posts) -
ThePhenomenal1 said:
"i've always prefered the japanese music and voices in the dragon ball series. theres new music in dragon ball kai and re-recorded voice overs. so they are different."
You . . . bastard.

You bumped a Levio thread! Now I must cry for 20 minutes!
#36 Posted by Absurd (2932 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"ThePhenomenal1 said:
"i've always prefered the japanese music and voices in the dragon ball series. theres new music in dragon ball kai and re-recorded voice overs. so they are different."
You . . . bastard.

You bumped a Levio thread! Now I must cry for 20 minutes!
"
OH GAWD
#37 Posted by pause422 (6343 posts) -

Ah, Levio....I almost miss him. Almost.

#38 Posted by JoshS (439 posts) -
hazelnutman said:
"I don't know why, I but I really liked the Philippine/English dubbed version of Head Cha La.

"
All that made me think of was Reading Rainbow..
#39 Posted by clubsandwich (3965 posts) -

aah, good ol' levio, that kid was awesome, incredibly stupid, but still awesome.

I miss him. :(

#40 Posted by delphi (2 posts) -

Ummm, sorry to burst everyone's bubble but ever think of using the setup option on the main screen of the remasters? It lets you choose between, "remastered audio WITH japanese music" AND "remastered audio with..... wait for it..... U.S MUSIC... Idiots... 

Actually, my girlfriend and I were worried too until we figured it out about 5 seconds later. Sucks to be you if you ended up actually selling them; they pwn hard once you set them up right.

Hope this message got to yous soon enough  o.0

#41 Edited by Diamond (8678 posts) -
@Levio91: This thread is hella old, but OMG Cha La Head >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> other region DBZ openings!

@delphi said:
Ummm, sorry to burst everyone's bubble but ever think of using the setup option on the main screen of the remasters? It lets you choose between, "remastered audio WITH japanese music" AND "remastered audio with..... wait for it..... U.S MUSIC... Idiots...   Actually, my girlfriend and I were worried too until we figured it out about 5 seconds later. Sucks to be you if you ended up actually selling them; they pwn hard once you set them up right.  Hope this message got to yous soon enough  o.0
Also,
No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.