Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Ball Z

Franchise »

Dragon Ball Z is a video game franchise based of the popular martial arts anime of the same name. A majority of the games just re-tell a very basic iteration of the old story but some modern games have created original content by way of time travel and "what if" scenarios.

Features you want in a DBZ game

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

While each Dragon Ball Z game is better than the last, there are some things that are ALWAYS done wrong and some things I would love to see. Just thought I would start a thread to see what all the DBZ game players out there want in future games.

One of my favourite attacks is Goku's Super Kaioken, it's really powerful, nice and fast... and pretty damn cool. Yeah it's only a quick punch but I think it would work quite well.

What attacks would you like to see?

Now then... stuff done wrong. OK I'm gunna nit-pick here and have a go at the visual aspects of some of the games. In the tenkaichi games they finally put in Broly as a proper Super Saiyan (golden hair rather than blue) yet they made it have a green tint (this is his second costume if you are thinking wtf his hair was still blue). There is only one time you see Broly as a regular Super Saiyan and its in the second coming movie, it does NOT have a green tint, its the normal gold colour. And they keep making Broly's aura green, its always been gold in both movies. Also, Nappa has a golden aura (like a Super Saiyan) umm... wtf?
    And as much as I like the graphics in Burst Limit, why have they given Super Saiyans pupils? Their eyes are supposed to be totally green, even if they had pupils before transforming (Trunks).

Right, I don't want any comments like "who cares" or anything like that. If you have any ideas for cool moves or features, or want to point something out that they keep getting wrong in the games, then please join in!
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DualReaver

They should make it more like the show where it takes about six hours to finish a battle. I would also like to see the game cutaway every fifteen minutes to people eating lunch. This might be asking too much, but I'd love for them to have a good eating mechanic; not just a press A fast as you can to eat.

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CaptainScarLeg
    DualReaver said:
    "They should make it more like the show where it takes about six hours to finish a battle. I would also like to see the game cutaway every fifteen minutes to people eating lunch. This might be asking too much, but I'd love for them to have a good eating mechanic; not just a press A fast as you can to eat."
    Oh god I knew this thread would be a bad idea.

Anyone gunna be serious? Have a youtube clip of a cool move you want added? Any thoughts at all?
    boko52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By boko52

Well there are quite a lot of things i would like to see in a dragonball z game.

One of the main things i want are a lot more characters, they kind of got this in the tenkaichi games but they rushed it so every character basically had the same moves and they didnt vary.

Some of the main characters i would like to see more of in games are: Future Gohan, Baby Vegeta, Mr Popo

also the teleportation and dodging system should take less ki as in the actual series you will see blocking and dodges happen for hours xD so it kinda sucks when dodging once takes half of your ki :/

I would also like to see more costumes, one of the ones i like most is teen gohans costume in the bojack film and his cell saga costume with the cape. Other characters should also get more costumes too for example in budokai 2 adult gohan had the saiyaman costume with no glasses or turban thing then it kinda just vanished : (

FINAL THING...... MR POPO FOR THE NEXT DBZ GAME !!!! :D

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

You should try Tenkaichi 3, it has Gohan's Bojack costume and the Saiyaman costume without anything covering his face. And I don't think teleporting/dodging takes much power up either. The only thing you mentioned that Tenkaichi 3 hasn't got is Mr. Popo XD

I definetely agree that lots of the characters are rushed just so they can say "hey look we have over 160 characters now!" And half of them are just different versions of the same guy. There are like 5 Gokus and 4 Vegetas! And some don't even need to be seperate, Ultimate Gohan should be a transformation like it is in the Budokai games, not a whole new fighter.

By the way... when was an english version of the original Budokai released? I have the UK version and the voice acting is all Japanese! Oh and is it just me or were the Budokai cutscenes freaking awesome? :D

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rorschach

A Power Level Over 9000!

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Coltonio7

OVER 9000!?!?!?!?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne
    Newten said:
    Anyone gunna be serious?
    You start.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By KingBroly

Microphone support so you can yell at the top of your lungs to raise your power level to make it....

OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CaptainScarLeg
    Meowayne said:
    "Newten said:
    Anyone gunna be serious?
    You start."
    Dude Super Kaioken would fit in nicely, I was totally serious. If you are refering to that stuff I said about the eyes and hair colour, like I said I was nit-picking...

KingBroly said:
    "Microphone support so you can yell at the top of your lungs to raise your power level to make it....

OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!"
    Well thats just a must, we all want that XD
    CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

How about this for a serious suggestion; costume customization. So we could put different types of Saiyan Armor or fighting uniforms or some casual clothes on our favourite characters, Vegeta with royal armor like his dad... or Videl in tight Saiyan spandex ^_^

Scouters on anyone!

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DualReaver
    Newten said:
    "Meowayne said:
    "Newten said:
    Anyone gunna be serious?
    You start."
    Dude Super Kaioken would fit in nicely, I was totally serious. If you are refering to that stuff I said about the eyes and hair colour, like I said I was nit-picking...
    I am pretty sure that's not what he meant by "You start".
    CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaptainScarLeg
    DualReaver said:
    "Newten said:
    "Meowayne said:
    "Newten said:
    Anyone gunna be serious?
    You start."
    I am pretty sure that's not what he meant by "You start"."
    I said is anyone gunna be serious, he said you start, so I said I was being serious... what the hell else could you start mean???
    bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By bennym6

krillin

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Gerhabio
    @Newten:  I know! Why does everyone love to hate on DB? Lots of other great mangas/animes are inspired by it. DB is an OG and it still the franchise with the most powerful beings nothing beats the saiyans and when you do they get stronger! The fools beat the gods of their own universe.

But well, I'd like to see some beam mobility: I'm tired of being open for attack every time I do a kamehameha.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince

Every single character from the show all with unique attacks and multiple ultra's and finishers with graphics that will blow your mind.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#17  Edited By sjschmidt93

BT2 was near perfect IMO. 

BT3 was not so great.... 

So, really, just make BT2 with next-gen graphics.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Jeust
    @Newten:

I'd like to see all of the elements from the bardock team, and have them fully fleshed out.

Bigger arenas, better destruction models (with holes in the ground, dust arising when powering up, the camera shaking like from an earthquake)  in tenkaichi 4.

Also having bardock in super saiyen would rock!
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Undeadpool

Forget attacks: I want the damn Buu saga.

I think only one of the original Budokais had it (3 I think) and if we have to start with Freiza, let's start with Freiza. We could even have Goku going Super-Saiyan and fighting Freiza be the tutorial fight since that fight, weirdly enough, tends to be the hardest in any of the games.

I'm sick of the game ending at Cell, it feels...incomplete. And I think the Buu saga brought a lot of the most interesting character designs to the forefront (Dabra, for instance, and all the Kaio-shins).

Yellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Yellow

Maybe good shampoo?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Yellow said:
    " Maybe good shampoo? "
    Conditioner is a must.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JJOR64

Just make a new game like Budokai 3 and I will be happy.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By fr0br0

Inert balls.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

All the DBZ fighting games fucking sucked ass, they're nothing but a boring-ass shallow button mashers with characters who have the exact same fighting style and animations. The people who buy them should be a shame of themselves because of the fact that the shitty DBZ fighting games sell is the reason why there's never gonna be a good DBZ fighting game.

And as for what I want to see in the next DBZ fighting game, is something that's not like the previous games.

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By _Phara0h_

Make it a RPG where the fights are turn-based, but the lack of story will kill this RPG. So I say stop making them...

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to destroy planets, or at least the moon or something. Seems to be a running trend in the DB stories.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By vaiz

Where is Vinny for this thread

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By dbz1995

A massive problem for all the DBZ games have been the fact that many of the moves can be pulled off very easily, take away loads of damage, and can be done over and over again. Thus, they should make every special move have a large problem, like a very large starting time, limited range, or takes away health or something. I think this is a massive problem with the Dragon Ball Z games.
     I don't think they need a huge amount of characters, BUT the characters they have should be completely different to play as.
     I would also like to see some 'what if' stories done well (which hopefully, DBZ Raging Blast will do). Seeing the same story done again and again is just boring.
    Also, some more movie based sagas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.