How do you spell Dan's DBZ OC?

Posted by aliveonarrival (21 posts) 6 months, 9 days ago

Poll: How do you spell Dan's DBZ OC? (199 votes)

Freitza 42%
Freizza 7%
Frizza 18%
Fritza 16%
Brock Lesnar 15%
Other (please leave in comments) 4%

Ep-ona if old.

#1 Posted by berniesbc (244 posts) -

So I'm not wrong in thinking he's saying it wrong?

#2 Edited by jewunit (1134 posts) -

I personally liked Dan referring to Zarbon as Zardoz the most. It's a confluence of two things that you enjoy and sound alike which combine in your mind while you are trying to talk. It happens to me all the time.

#3 Posted by superdomino (209 posts) -

This is both therapeutic and futile as I'm sure once he realizes how much it annoys us he'll just do it more because Ryckert logic

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
#4 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (7779 posts) -

I just want to say I heard him say it correctly in episode 4. I think Dan is just trolling people at this point, because people get so irked about it. XD

No Caption Provided

#5 Posted by Milkman (19162 posts) -
#6 Posted by afabs515 (2002 posts) -
#7 Posted by Cueballthebald (6 posts) -

Freetza

#8 Posted by frytup (1086 posts) -

People getting annoyed that he's pronouncing it wrong is much more annoying than him pronouncing it wrong.

#9 Posted by htr10 (942 posts) -

I remember how Ryan Davis used to pronounce the word “robots” weird and Jeff used to say that they would get letters from people asking what part of the country Ryan was from because they didn’t get it was something Ryan did on purpose to annoy people.

#10 Posted by kblosnack (316 posts) -

Freezer

#11 Posted by Retris (370 posts) -

I don't know the answer, but I'm sure you should throw molattows at him.

#12 Posted by flatblack (113 posts) -

Image result for steve brule prizza

#13 Posted by FLStyle (6526 posts) -

His pronounciation of Dodoria also amused me.

#14 Posted by expensiveham (382 posts) -

It's been bothering me a lot but I've decided to keep quiet because I don't want to be the guy that complains about names being mispronounced on a anime podcast.

#15 Posted by flatblack (113 posts) -

I think it's hilarious and I admire his commitment to the bit despite Jeff consistently responding with a completely different pronunciation

#16 Edited by Luchalma (510 posts) -

The ire I've seen over his pronunciation, even when it's very obviously a running joke, mixed with the constant pleading to watch the show the way they think is correct (despite the frequent comments that this behaviour is unwelcome) consistently reminds me that anime is for jerks. The podcast itself is one of the most joyful, sincere appreciation for something I've seen on this site, and the mood in every form of comments is just every single negative stereotype of anime fans lived up to. There's a reason Dan spent most of his life hating something he never experienced, and it's the same reason people hate Undertale or Rick and Morty without experiencing them.

But clearly I'm taking this all way too seriously. Let's all chill out and order a frizza.

#17 Posted by Dan_CiTi (5038 posts) -

Mullawetov

#18 Posted by aliveonarrival (21 posts) -

No Caption Provided

@flatblack when u high af but all thats in the fridge is week old freitza

#19 Posted by Onemanarmyy (3777 posts) -

Frietza

#20 Posted by OurSin_360 (6075 posts) -
#21 Posted by dudeglove (13502 posts) -

I kept hearing Zordon, frankly.

#22 Posted by imhungry (1047 posts) -

It's dumb and it doesn't matter how he says it because he's doing it on purpose, but Vinny on this week's Gaiden the Ring (at approx. 26mins?) is all of us. The hero we need.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.