Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 11, 2009

The most recent installment of the "Dragon Quest" franchise debuts exclusively on the DS. It features 4 player co-op and turn-based combat.

Anyone know what, exactly, the multiplayer is like?

Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kratch

A friend and I were thinking about picking this up, but I haven't really gotten a handle on how the co-op stuff works.  I know that you can get items and maps to dungeons just by sharing data, or something like that, but I want to know what the actual multiplayer questing is like.  Anyone got the goods on this?

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ttocs

Whoever is the "host" invites the other person to their world.  You have to be near each other in real life for co-op to work, it's not like XBLA or anything.  ANyways, you invite them and they show up in your world and replace one of your guys on your group.  You now go out and play the game like you would normally.  They can hang out with your or go out on their own in your world.  You recall them when you need them.  They keep the items and exp they collect but they do not progress in their story.  They are in your game and theirs is ignored.  So, if you advance the story and they see things they haven't already completed, they will have to do it again when they get back to their DS. 

It's a great game for co-op on the DS though.

Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kratch

Thanks.  I think that actually answered all of my questions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.