Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 29, 2017

The eleventh main entry in the long-running RPG series returns to its pre-MMO roots.

So the Switch version is getting Japanese Voice actors....

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Puchiko

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/dragon-quest-xi-s-introduces-gemma-vince-and-mia-japanese-voice-actors

I seriously hope they offer this as a PS4 DLC. Not gonna re-buy it again on switch but man does this make me so jelly... Some big names too if you are an avid anime watcher so they are going all out on this considering previous Dragon Quests games did not have VO in Japan and was only added for the Western release (according to the 8-4 play podcast)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Wow, that does make me jealous. On the other hand, DQ is one of the few Japanese things I like hearing in English. Loved the way the characters sounded in DQ8 so I’m ok with playing it the way it is on PS4 whenever I get to it. Maybe they’ll put that new voice work out for a price but hard to see them giving it away.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I super hated the English VA in DQ11 so hopefully this will lead to a PC mod somehow.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Efesell

Yeah that's..interesting. Those games traditionally don't get any Japanese voice acting at all so it's cool to see a whole new recording for that version.

I dunno that it would work for me though to be honest. I'm usually very much like.. I want Japanese voices for anime shit whenever available but for whatever reason Dragon Quest has never 'qualified' for that in my mind.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Very cool for people that want it overseas and while I'm not japanese nor have lived there and truly understand their culture(and the specificity with which they enjoy DQ with), I couldn't imagine being happier with the original voiceless release compared to when they get a version of this game with voices.

For me, I already beat it and love the english voice actors; I wouldn't trade them out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.