Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma Online

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 27, 2015

Dragon's Dogma Online was a Free 2 Play online full open-world game for the PS3, PS4 and PC.

Gamespot confirms 60 FPS, due out Aug 31st in Japan

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By Slag

Still no word on release dates outside Japan if at all

EDIT: Japanese release date is August 31st according to Siliconera

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/08/dragons-dogma-online-launches-in-japan-on-august-31st/

FPS numbers are for the PC & PS4 versions only. We'll see if they actually deliver on that, but at least it's a stated goal.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-s-new-dragon-s-dogma-runs-at-1080p-60fps/1100-6427920/?ftag=YHR546df8f

but if it's coming to PC it's got to release internationally eventually right? Why else would it be on that platform? I didn't think Japan had a very large PC market.

Also it's going to support Cross Platform play.

Maybe Capcom will throw us Westerners a bone at E3 and confirm it's coming Internationally?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'll download it off of the Japanese PSN if I have to, but I'm definitely hoping for a localized version.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

This might be in my top 5 for upcoming games. I dunno what else is up there, but I'm sure as hell looking forward to this thing.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zeik

@karkarov said:

I am still sad it is a multiplayer game, I was hoping they would have stuck with their original ideas or maybe at most enabled standard co op or something. Either way this is cool news and I am looking forward to that confirmed US release!

I was kinda disappointed when they announced it, but it still looks like a Dragon's Dogma game despite that, and having multiplayer co-op could actually be a lot of fun if handled right. The AI companions weren't exactly the best part of the last game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Yeah, I'll get the Japanese version if thats the ONLY way to play it but lets hope not.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I really loved Dragon's D but for some reason this just isn't appealing to me at all.. Definitely waiting and seeing.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragons dogma could have been a really good game if not for just a few design flaws that ruined it for me. I guess in japan the ps3 is still more popular than the ps4? I wish they would just focus on current gen and make the game look decent atleast, DD was a pretty ugly game with lots of screen tearing even with the letter boxed resolution though.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll make a Japanese account if that's what it takes, but hopefully we see an international release.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I seriously doubt they'll localize this for the west. I mean, Monster Hunter Frontier is on the PC (Online Monster Hunter game) and that hasn't been localized out here (as far as I know) so I doubt they'd do it for this game. I'd like to be proven wrong though. I never beat Dragon's Dogma (played on the PS3 and the frame rate just bothered me too much) but I really enjoyed what I played. I especially liked how different enemies would appear at night.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still pissed that neither this or Asura's Wrath made it to PC. Both could've used it with their piss poor framerates.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously considering importing or making a japanese PSN account.

On a different note, do any of you know why the contrast is higher in the ps3 version than the ps4 version? PS4 is obviously more detailed, but has comparatively desaturated colors and lighter shadows. I guess it might just be a change in the lighting engine or whatever it's called? Dragon's Dogma had a very specific, torchlight-like light to it, lots of dark shadows and warm colors.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Just throwing out there that Phantasy Star Online 2 and Monster Hunter Online are PC games that are eastern exclusives. There's precedent for shafting us over here even on a platform that makes perfect sense for selling internationally.

I hope this game turns out cool. For as much as I liked Dragons Dogma, I think I'm kind of done with it. And I didn't neccessarily come for the grindier aspects that are likely to be the main gameplay of online either. But still, hopefully it's gonna be cool.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow this looks really good

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Bollard

@zeik said:

I'll download it off of the Japanese PSN if I have to, but I'm definitely hoping for a localized version.

This, definitely willing to create a Japanese PSN account to try this out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

One of the best games of 2012, will pick this up on aJapanese PSN account if they don't give out a western release date at E3.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really don't understand why any company wouldn't release their free to play games in every market available. It just seems like leaving money on the table to me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It always pains me how horribly underrated Dragons Dogma is. Such an interesting and FUN to play RPG. One of the best in the last couple of years.

I just hope this does well enough for them to make a Dragons Dogma 2 down the line.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By monkeyking1969

I'll have to see how it turns out. But...

- I hate multiplayer RPG games

- I loath other people in most of my games, except round-based shooters

- MMOs are a rash on the ass of gaming, the people who play MMOs are the urine on the inflamed cheeks of that ass.

I think they totally fucked this up. Maybe the creators always wanted DD to be multiplayer, and what they made first was "what they could manage". Nevertheless, it still sucks they changed what worked wonderfully. I HATE when other people control the characters in my games. No matter how shitty people thought the pawns AI was,, it was better than some idiot you don't know running around screwing up YOUR GAME.

I actually hold out hope they don't release this out here, that could mean a REAL Dragons Dogma game might come out instead of this as a replacement to that excellent first game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Even speaking as someone who generally does not like dealing with other people in my video games...you have issues.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#21  Edited By Slag

I really don't understand why any company wouldn't release their free to play games in every market available. It just seems like leaving money on the table to me.

I would think so too still

@tobbrobb said:

Just throwing out there that Phantasy Star Online 2 and Monster Hunter Online are PC games that are eastern exclusives. There's precedent for shafting us over here even on a platform that makes perfect sense for selling internationally.

is also true.

What give me hope about DD is that unlike Monster Hunter it was designed initially to appeal more to Western Audiences as well. And it didn't seem terrifically dialogue heavy so translation/localization cost barriers are hopefully not as a prohibitive as say something as text heavy as an Ace Attorney game might be.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@slag: Yeah that's definitely a good point. I do think it has a better chance to show up here too. Here's for hoping right? :D

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

ughghghghgh come to PC in the states!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.