Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Capcom's Probably Making More Dragon's Dogma

• 83 results
    dead_eye_sam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By dead_eye_sam

@Yummylee said:

I just hope they introduce mounts (let me tame my own Chimera!)

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By mrangryface

: The game doesnt let you /con anything until its too late- there aren't enough indicators on maps as to what areas I should avoid until I die. Its annoying game design- call it challenge but there are more challenging games that aren't so tight with the details.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Karkarov

"That said, despite some critical acclaim from writers like yours truly,..."

Seriously dude? You didn't pan the game that's true Patrick but you gave it a 3/5. A 3/5. That doesn't qualify as critical acclaim by any stretch of the imagination. Either way this is good news and backs up what I have been saying almost sense two weeks into release on the Capcom Unity Forums. That being the game has been successful and while no GTA it has sold enough to merit a sequel.

jlev880

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By jlev880

No more dragons dogma instead make a new mega man game, *cough* mega man legends 3 *cough*.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By probablytuna

Still intend to pick this up at some point, when it's like $20.

vinsanityv22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vinsanityv22

Ugh. Capcom's threatening us with sequels EVEN WHEN WE DON'T CARE FOR THE GAME now? C'mon!

I just hate how they had the balls to call this an open world RPG. This is clearly a "western-friendly" Monster Hunter - a replacement for Lost Planet 2, which failed at it. It's just a vast, bland, empty world filled with things to fight -- sounds more like Dynasty Warriors than anything, or Earth Defense Force. But don't bring this to the West, call it an RPG, and expect it to succeed against the likes of Reckoning and Skyrim, Capcom. Don't you dare.

If DD2 is going to happen, I certainly hope it actually succeeds as an RPG then. They focus on characters, story and creating an interesting (both visually and interesting, period. Lots of stuff to do) world.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#57  Edited By Slag

YES!

Bring on more!

Andtheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Andtheworld

@vinsanityv22:

Who the fuck is "we"? I'm not in the group of people who didn't like the game - hell, it's one of my GOTY contenders simply due to how great the combat was. I wanted to continue playing the game to see what monsters and challenges the game would throw at me. I'm sure glad that the game sold really well and that Capcom is going for the sequel.

Also, Reckoning was a single player MMO while Skyrim was a terrible RPG with the world's blandest combat system.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Tennmuerti

If there is any game that would hugely benefit from a sequel is Dragon's Dogma. The first game is super rough and with a bit of work it could be made actually great and not just a lackluster open world (i use the term loosely) rpg with a decent combat system and pseudo online gimmick. There is a lot of unrealized potential here.

SortedeVaras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SortedeVaras

Bets on how many sequels they churn out til Capcom drives this series into the ground.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Marz

it's a good game, more people should play it.

Andtheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Andtheworld

@SortedeVaras:

Don't think it would be many.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63  Edited By tourgen

great! It's a pretty good game. There are some new and interesting things they've tried out. I'd like to see more.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By stryker1121

Currently playing the game. I like it but it the world is not terribly interesting and I'm already getting a little tired of re-spawning bandits. That said, the atmosphere is cool, the pawn system unique and really I've just scratched the surface of the game. Tally ho and all that!!

dyong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By dyong

This game felt more Game of Thrones than the actual GoT game did. Maybe it was all the 'sers'.

divakchopra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By divakchopra

capcom, please stick to fighting games

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Wampa1

@Arrested_Developer: Oh god please make him stop.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Morrow

Fast travel, please, please, include fast travel in future games ._.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#69  Edited By impartialgecko

Seems this game got a tonne of great word of mouth. It may not have set the world on fire but like Asura's Wrath I think a lot of people came around to it after people started appreciating the game for what it was.

Gordo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Gordo789

@divakchopra said:

capcom, please stick to fighting games

you're joking, right? Capcom has basically driven every fighting franchise they have into the ground with constant re-releases and minor updates. They need to stop. They need to keep making new original games like Dragon's Dogma.

Hellstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hellstrom

Dragon's Dogma was terrible to be honest. I loved its pawn system and that the NPC's seemed to be compotent in battle. Other than that Dogma lacked an identity. Its plot was redundant, its characters all uninteresting and dull, and it got tiring traveling back and forth through the same bland areas fighting the same bland goblins because there was no fast traveling system. Dogma got a lot wrong, and they need to work on it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#72  Edited By monkeyking1969

I hope the do find a way to improve on what they made and create another modern franchise. There is something extremely enjoyable about DD and ist mix of eastern and western rpgs influences. I wish I had more time to devote to it for more play throughs.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#73  Edited By project343

@Phatmac said:

I should probably play this game, right?

Short answer: yes.

d0rks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By d0rks

Meanwhile, various places on the internet report "Easy Mode" coming to the current carnation of Dragon's Dogma. Also a new Demo for PS3 is suggested to appear "next week".

I wouldn't think that Dragon's Dogma needs to be more 'easy' - I'd rather welcome more challenge - but it might as well help people otherwise struggling with certain frustrating scenarios to appreciate the game.

--

ref: siliconera , andriasang

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ProfessorEss

In these days of "Five Million or Bust" it's nice to hear a publisher consider one million units somewhat successful.

I'm still curious to check it out but with my ridiculous backlog it can be hard to jump on board when a game gets such a lukewarm reception (including Patrick's review, and I'm talking text-wise, not star-wise).

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ProfessorK

I'm on board. I loved the game and with a bit more polish a sequel will be awesome. Epand the crafting. Clean up the item menu and make a quick use funtion for herbs and such. And expand the command system for the paws so you can have them do specific moves and boom the rest is cake.

I honestly didnt mind the lack of fast travel but some kind of mount or Red Dead type caravan system would be nice.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Moonshadow101

Good. It definitely seems like the sort of game that could crystallize into something really amazing with a bit more iteration.

Yawnster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Yawnster

@vinsanityv22: It's funny that you saw "we" when you seem to be one of the few people(At least on this site) that doesn't welcome a sequel to this game.

Dragon's Dogma was an awesome game. A flawed game, but it had the best combat out of any open world/sandbox RPG that I can think of. Reckoning was a button masher that was only slightly more complex than Fable, and Skyrim's combat was a joke. If there's a place for Skyrim, which pretty much lives on atmosphere and pure variety in the shit you can do, Dragon's Dogma has a place for its combat.

It's a game that has a ton of potential. And hearing that when DD was released, that only about 60% of what they wanted was put in, then there's absolutely room for a sequel. If they can make the story that actually exists, and make a more compelling world, on top of making the combat deeper? Then I don't possibly see how you could see a sequel to this game as a "bad" thing, especially if you praise a game like Reckoning.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79  Edited By amir90

Man, I should check this game out..

BobaF3tt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BobaF3tt

I would gladly purchase the sequel if they made one. I played the hell out of the first one and loved it.

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#81  Edited By MrSlapHappy

I'm holding out for a PC version. Maybe it will end up like the Souls games and the sequel will end up on other platforms.

dead_eye_sam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By dead_eye_sam

@mrangryface said:

: The game doesnt let you /con anything until its too late- there aren't enough indicators on maps as to what areas I should avoid until I die. Its annoying game design- call it challenge but there are more challenging games that aren't so tight with the details.

But that's part of surviving. Keying into this is when the pawns say "it is not defeat when feeling form an overpowering opponent, its survival," or something like that. When you are playing the game you should always evaluate how good your team is fairing against a group of mobs you are fighting against at the time. If you see your pawns dying too often or you are using way too many curatives and your healer can't keep up with the healing then chances are you need to level up and this area right now is not for you. I think the lack of indicators of where you should and shouldn't go is a great way to keep the game intense. I love how I end up in a place where I find myself getting my ass kicked and know that I won't survive it then pull through the odds somehow and surviving by the skin of my teeth and praying not to encounter anything as I rush to rest area and the relief you get when you do. Then you go like... fudge, I'm not going there for some time x_x; It truly adds intensity. If I do, on the other hand, then I won't go there again. I'm level 75 right now and LOVE this game and its still challenging post game to... I feel like telling you atleast by level that this area is above your level, then it'll just make the game much easier than it already is. You are NOT stupid. I am sure you'll figure out halfway through the battle that your going to get your ass handed to you or not lol.

Avatar image for myfriendscallmejim
    MyFriendsCallMeJim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all the games on my wish list lately, I still haven't had a chance to play this. It looks fantastic, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.