Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Request for the ending twist. (Spoilers wanted)

XeroxPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XeroxPunk

In almost every review I've seen about this game, the ending is getting a lot of praise and has piqued my interest. Can somebody who has beaten the game give a synopsis of it?

There's no way I'm going to plow through 40 hours of a game for the last hour, and I'm hoping the ending reveal isn't something along the lines of, "Now that you've beaten the Dragon, you BECOME the Dragon! To save the world and stuff! And the pawns are all the previous people who've killed it! You know, like Final Fantasy X and stuff!"

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By eskimo
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@XeroxPunk said:

In almost every review I've seen about this game, the ending is getting a lot of praise and has piqued my interest. Can somebody who has beaten the game give a synopsis of it?

There's no way I'm going to plow through 40 hours of a game for the last hour, and I'm hoping the ending reveal isn't something along the lines of, "Now that you've beaten the Dragon, you BECOME the Dragon! To save the world and stuff! And the pawns are all the previous people who've killed it! You know, like Final Fantasy X and stuff!"

You basically go OJ on God, become God, and then figure being God kind of sucks, so you commit seppuku and your Pawn is all like "NO! MASTER DON'T LEAVE ME!" and you fall through the sky and your Pawn wakes up in your body.

Fucking Capcom.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder
    ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShadyPingu

Having not played the game, it's really no surprise that that didn't make a lick of sense to me. Still, I reeeeally hate when video game writers go all purple prose on you. That was some metaphysical nonsense for the ages.

XeroxPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XeroxPunk

@Oldirtybearon said:

@XeroxPunk said:

You basically go OJ on God, become God, and then figure being God kind of sucks, so you commit seppuku and your Pawn is all like "NO! MASTER DON'T LEAVE ME!" and you fall through the sky and your Pawn wakes up in your body.

Fucking Capcom.

Thanks! Do you continue playing as your newly transgendered character in a post ending dungeon? And if I ever do play this game, I'll name my female pawn Hedwig in anticipation for that last scene.

XeroxPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XeroxPunk

@eskimo: Thanks for the link!

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Jrad

What. This ending is crazy, and kind of awesome? I suddenly want to play Dragon's Dogma.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.