Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Your Beloved

aaronBLUEeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aaronBLUEeyes

I just finished the game for the first time and ended up with Caxton of all people as my 'beloved' This not only is gay, but also might prove to be inconvenient, for he now is in Cassadris rather than Gran Soren. I'm debating starting the game over. What course of action do i do to resolve this? Should I start a NG+, will it remove him and start things over or should i just start over again completely?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By falserelic

My character was in love with Selene. Which is funny because the game didn't let me know I was in love. I didn't know you could fall in love with someone until the end. For me it was just random.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

@aaronBLUEeyes: There are 2 ways to fix this:

1. sort of a workaround, use a port crystal right outside Cassadris and simply teleport to it whenever you need his services (which honestly in postgame should mostly be just gear upgrading)
    2. start a NG+, it does not reset the NPC states towards you so you will still have his adoration, but it will reset the world to starting state so he will be back in Soren and you can then work the games silly affection system to make another NPC your love
    aaronBLUEeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By aaronBLUEeyes

How long do the quests take in Post Game? Should I linger here awhile and do stuff or jump straight into NG+? I started playing when it first came out but didn't get the Different Sky DLC and wanted to do those quests in NG+. Also in NG+ does your pawn reset to level 1?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

@aaronBLUEeyes:

Post game (im referring to post Dragon fight) is as long as you want it to be. You can finish it in an hour or less, or stay there forever. There are almost no proper quests aside from main and noticeboard stuff. Postgame has some of the toughest monsters and fights in the entire game. As well as the best gear.

NG+ is basically starting the game over but with the same character and gear/money/skills/pawn carrying over (your pawn like you keeps all it's levels and skils). There is nothing new and challenge is exactly the same as a fresh game, so you will be quite overpowered.

tsiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By tsiro

@falserelic: I, too, had no idea that there was any sort of romance thing.

...I ended up with Symone. That was weird.

aaronBLUEeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By aaronBLUEeyes

I know that the NG+ is just a run through of the game again, but have you played the DLC quests yet? A Different Sky series or the other two? It says that the Different Sky quests appear at specific points in the game. BTW I hate Hellhounds, lol

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By Slag

I got Inez, but then I tried to get her. Implied Free Endless Beer for the Arisen!

aaronBLUEeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By aaronBLUEeyes

hahahaha

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

This whole Dragon's Dogma romance thing is hilarious. I've heard about a couple of people's characters, er, "falling in love" with NPC's they never had any interest in.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mesoian

Selene. The game does such a bad job explaining the perimeters surrounding romance that I didn't even know there was a romance system until Selene was living in my house.  

I suspected there might have been one and wanted the busty shopkeeper from gran soren, but the opportunity never presented itself until it was too late.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By BraveToaster

Yeah, I was not expecting that. Shit was creepy, yo. "Aw man, Arisen gave me a golden statue. I'm so F-ing wet right now."

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By lead_farmer

I got freakin Madeleine, which kinda sucked because she took money from me. Also had no idea there was a romantic interest in this game.

aaronBLUEeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By aaronBLUEeyes

Well at least Madeleine was a busty blonde lol and not a scruffy male Blacksmith like Caxton, hahaha. I concur, they should have either done more with the concept or lost it completely.

popcrazy215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By popcrazy215

okay, so i did all of madeleins quests and she moved out of town, which suck because i thought if i gave her the money i would get some award or something at the end, which sadly i didn't, and she moved out of town before a could kick her ass and lower her affinity for me. I spent most of the game trying to find quills for the guy i wanted at the end (TOOK ME F***IN FOREVER!) and finally when i do manage do get him as my love interest, the ending i have is madeleins! what the hell, my characters a girl btw. my question is, is there a way to fix this before i find her in my house in NG+ or kill her than pursue my guy again ?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By The_Ruiner

I got the Duke's wife... which was fine by me...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.