Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Drakengard 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 19, 2013

Drakengard 3 brings the series's trademark mixture of hack and slash combat and unorthodox storytelling to the PlayStation 3.

Zero/Kaine is that a Lunar Tear petal?

glanesb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

Very excited for the NA release for this game. Being a huge Nier fan. Without giving too much away, does anyone know the relationship between the series?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

From what I recall off a wiki (since I didn't play Drakengard but did play Nier), the world of Nier is based off one specific ending in the previous Drakengard game. It sounded like Nier was more of a spin-off universe then anything canon, but I'm not familiar with the series to know if this is entirely true.

glanesb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wemibelec90: That is what Im getting at from the the Wiki too. Thank you! Excited to boot up the old ps2 now. Im very curious looking at the Zero character. It does look like a Lunar Tear on her eye, from Kaine in Nier. She also looks exactly like Kaine.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@glanesb: That was my first thought too seeing screenshots of that game. Her outfit, at least, is quite similar. Knowing the developer's penchant for crazy shit in their storylines, I wonder if they somehow manage to tie the events of Nier--a spin-off story--and Drakengard--the main storyline--together in some way that makes my brain leak out of my ears.

glanesb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wemibelec90: Lol. Anything with a tie in of Nier. Great seeing Weiss in some of the clips. Man getting very impatient for this. Firing up Nier as I type. 47hrs of new game ending B.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@glanesb: WAT Weiss was in some clips?! Ah man I am so excited for this game!

glanesb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: right on. AND if that is Weiss would be great if they had the same V.O actor. Between this coming out and the Monolithsoft game 'X' , 2014 is a great year.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By donchipotle

From what I recall off a wiki (since I didn't play Drakengard but did play Nier), the world of Nier is based off one specific ending in the previous Drakengard game. It sounded like Nier was more of a spin-off universe then anything canon, but I'm not familiar with the series to know if this is entirely true.

Nier takes place after the E ending of the first Drakengard. It is set in the future of our world and it's totally canon. It is its own game, but it exists because of events in Drakengard. Nier is a better sequel to Drakengard than Drakengard 2 is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.