Did you pick up the system at launch?

Dusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dusk

I remember Sept 9 1999. I was actually working at EB Games, then Electronic Boutique. I got my system to take home early and took home Soul Calibur and I think Trickstyle. God I miss the Dreamcast. When I was working at EBGames I would pop in the Dreamcast to our demo monitors and would show off import games like Jet Set Radio. I still have my original Dreamcast modded to play imports. Works Flawlessly.

the9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the9

I got mine for $30 at a Swap Meet 3 months ago and it came with Soul Caliber. I was sad for a while upon hearing that SC was going to be released for XBLA but luckily that port didn't have all the good stuff that is in the DC version.

Avatar image for timmytomthegreat
timmytomthegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By timmytomthegreat

No, my parents put it on lay away until Christmas.

Ryochan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ryochan7

Nope. I got mine in November since I had got a job in October and I had to save some money.

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MasterSplinter

No for me also. Christmas gift from the parents along with NBA 2k, Sonic Adventure, Virtua Tennis, and Power Stone.

Forrest7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Forrest7

I got mine 9/9/99. Then it broke so I got a new one.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By suneku

I think I did.. or at least really close to it since there were only launch games.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mourne

Yeah, I remember riding to Wal-Mart with my mother that morning to absolutely no line. I had bought Blue Stinger about two weeks prior to launch, as it had came out early for some reason. They didn't even have Sonic Adventure that morning, so I ended up getting it elsewhere. The big problem, though, was that the system didn't work whatsoever. I ended up taking it back that day and getting another one, and all was well.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By epic_pets

Nope im alwas late

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Yes, yes I did.  It was so sad to see the system fail.  Sega finally got everything right, but I guess their rep was just too damaged by the Saturn and the awful Genesis add ons. : (

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Stevokenevo

had to wait until christmas, however it was damn well worth it.  Many of my favourite gaming moments happened during the Dreamcast.
Did anyone figure out why they all kept breaking so often?  I currently have to take the lid off mine to make it play!

SamChamploo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SamChamploo
My Dreamcast is dead, I was trying to play my favorite game of all time Jet Grind Radio, and my Dreamcast wouldn't play it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Emilio

I picked mine up a couple months before they canned it. I was so upset, but at least I got a chance to buy Marvel vs Capcom 2, GTA2, Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, and a bunch of other great games before it went away.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Never had a dreamcast ;( but i always wanted one :( my first last gen console was a XBOX :)

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Nah, never even got one at all.

Just never appealed to me back then.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By SpinCookie

My brother bought me one for no reason, so awesome.  It's good to see people still talking about it.  Over the years I lost like all of my games, I need to start building my collection again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.