Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamcast

Platform »

The Dreamcast is the fifth and final console developed by Sega and the first of the sixth-generation of consoles to release. As the first 128-bit system, it was the first to offer truly arcade-quality 3D graphics. It is famous for being the first console to include worldwide online capability, its game library, and its unexpectedly short life span.

Dreamcast Collection Coming "Soon"

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

Full story

In an interview with Game Informer, SEGA's Executive VP of Sales & Marketing, Alan Pritchard, confirmed that a collection of Sega Dreamcast games is to be released for modern consoles. 

"The Dreamcast fans are very devoted. You see on eBay people are still buying the games and system," he said. "We actually have a Dreamcast collection coming out soon. We are looking to bring some of the old Dreamcast games to market digitally and packaged."

No games have been announced yet for the collection, and speculations are running wild. Sonic Adventure 2? Shenmue? Jet Set Radio? Time will tell! GameStop had the collection (before it was formally announced) listed at a 29.99$ price tag and February 15th 2011 release before they took it away from listing for reasons unknown. 

What would you pay for a collection of Dreamcast games, and what games do you hope to see included?

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Romination

I'd pay $60 but it would have to be a good collection of them, not just them sharting out the Sonic Adventure games or releasing the XBLA games on a disc. 
    And Chu Chu Rocket has to be there. With online. This cannot be argued.

Avatar image for lordcmdrstryker
    LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

Armada, Soul Reaver, POWER STONE 1 & 2 (the fact that they haven't been rereleased is a travesty), Project Justice, Code Veronica, Shikigami no Shiro (these are great games), SKIES OF ARCADIA (no I don't count the GC release, ugh), Space Channel 5 cuz it's so ka-razy, Tech Romancer (being a huge mecha fan, this game hold a special place in my heart).  Other than those, a lot of the good DC games have already been released on PSN or XBL. 

I would most love to see Skies and Power Stone.  Power Stone would be especially awesome if they could figure out how to do online play.

PIZZAPRANKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PIZZAPRANKS
    @Romination said:
    " Chu Chu Rocket has to be there. With online. This cannot be argued. "
    mau64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By mau64

Give me Skies of Arcadia.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    Shenmue, no questions. Although it's flawed, it's an extremely important and unique game. I'd also like to see Skies of Arcadia, their amazing list of fighters and shmups, Chu Chu Rocket, and Jet Set Radio.
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Castro
    @LordCmdrStryker said:
    " Armada, Soul Reaver, POWER STONE 1 & 2 (the fact that they haven't been rereleased is a travesty), Project Justice, Code Veronica, Shikigami no Shiro (these are great games), SKIES OF ARCADIA (no I don't count the GC release, ugh), Space Channel 5 cuz it's so ka-razy, Tech Romancer (being a huge mecha fan, this game hold a special place in my heart).  Other than those, a lot of the good DC games have already been released on PSN or XBL.  I would most love to see Skies and Power Stone.  Power Stone would be especially awesome if they could figure out how to do online play. "
    Yes at Tech Romancer. That game was dope. Also, it would be nice to have a proper release of Shenmue II in the US. Also, NFL2K was the last great football game that I played. That should be included as well. Virtua Tennis is necessary. However, the most fun I had with my Dreamcast was with Demolition Racer: No Exit. I still have the soundtrack disc somewhere around here. That game was awesome.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Raymayne

Meh, maybe Shenmue and Power Stone, there really aren't that many great DC games despite what the rose-tinted glasses would have you believe.

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
    lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By lowestformofwit

MSR people!  Waaaay superior to anything with "Gotham" in the title...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By xyzygy

I'm pretty sure that an XBLA version of Jet Set Radio was confirmed. I seen screenshots with it in an achievements page along with screens, back when Sonic 4 was announced...

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hatking

Just give me every Dreamcast game ever made.  Then I can pick and choose which ones I don't want to play. :P
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Jadeskye

Would be nice to have skies of arcadia HD or something. Shenmue would be interesting, power stone 1 and 2 without question and i feel i could make a case for chu-chu rocket with online functionality.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    I don't think I've ever seen a company play with their own fans' collective nostalgia more than Sega and get away with it. 
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Noooo

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dragonzord
    @Captainlunchbox said:
    " I don't think I've ever seen a company play with their own fans' collective nostalgia more than Sega and get away with it.  "
    I don't see how anyone can be surprised by this. It seemed obvious by the hack job they did on Sonic Adventure/Crazy Taxi ports
    psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#17  Edited By psykhophear

I missed the chance to play the Dreamcast so this will be a great opportunity for me to play all the great classics using today's consoles.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By Captainlunchbox

I'm with you on that. And it seems like a pretty unanimous consensus here, There's the handful games a lot of fans really want (Power Stone 1 & 2, Skies of Arcadia, Chu-Chu Rocket, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue) myself included- but then there's the seeming unwillingness by Sega to just deliver on that.

Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Echo
    @Raymayne said:

" Meh, maybe Shenmue and Power Stone, there really aren't that many great DC games despite what the rose-tinted glasses would have you believe. "

Yeah as much as I love the Dreamcast this is pretty true. Most (if not all) of Dreamcast's significant titles were either ported to or received improved sequels on other consoles. That's not to say there aren't some gems, but I don't see Sega releasing them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.