Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamcast

Platform »

The Dreamcast is the fifth and final console developed by Sega and the first of the sixth-generation of consoles to release. As the first 128-bit system, it was the first to offer truly arcade-quality 3D graphics. It is famous for being the first console to include worldwide online capability, its game library, and its unexpectedly short life span.

I just got the "Ultimate Gaming System"

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By m1k3

Well today i just got the new Dreamcast i ordered from ThinkGeek.com. Backstory: I sold my old dreamcast after owning it for less than a year since i used my PS2 more. I only had like 2 games for the DC anyways. After all the hooplah that was around on 09/09/09 i decided to buy a new dreamcast and am starting a collection of all the games i missed. Right now i picked up Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia.

Here's some unboxing pics:

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By m1k3

Well today i just got the new Dreamcast i ordered from ThinkGeek.com. Backstory: I sold my old dreamcast after owning it for less than a year since i used my PS2 more. I only had like 2 games for the DC anyways. After all the hooplah that was around on 09/09/09 i decided to buy a new dreamcast and am starting a collection of all the games i missed. Right now i picked up Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia.

Here's some unboxing pics:

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By m1k3

Just got done playing about an hour of Grandia II... yup its grandia II on the dreamcast... just like how i remember it. too bad my gaming monitor can't display 480i content, only 480p, since i wanted to use my audio system with it.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ArchScabby

It's black.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By m1k3
    @ArchScabby: Yea, they had a choice to choose the black or white system, and since all my existing consoles are black i just decided to go with the black one.
    Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Neon941

ohhh black Dreamcast, I want! Still, very fond of my own Dreamcast which I also bought recently. Get Skies of Arcadia, it's better than Grandia II, in fact it's one of the best J-RPGs ever made. It's also big for fighting games if that's your kind of thing.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

I want a original black one for collection purposes. I already have a Japanese and US Console boxed in mint.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By m1k3
    @Neon941 said:
    " ohhh black Dreamcast, I want! Still, very fond of my own Dreamcast which I also bought recently. Get Skies of Arcadia, it's better than Grandia II, in fact it's one of the best J-RPGs ever made. It's also big for fighting games if that's your kind of thing. "
    I got Skies of Arcadia when i bought Grandia II, ill probably play it when i finish Grandia II
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Bigandtasty

Nice games to start off with.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Cerza

Nice! Great choice of starter games too.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By jeffgoldblum

That black dreamcast is really sexy.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#11  Edited By citizenkane

Nice buy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.