Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamcast

Platform »

The Dreamcast is the fifth and final console developed by Sega and the first of the sixth-generation of consoles to release. As the first 128-bit system, it was the first to offer truly arcade-quality 3D graphics. It is famous for being the first console to include worldwide online capability, its game library, and its unexpectedly short life span.

That Pesky Technology (Dreamcast Question)

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NeoZeon

A random question about old tech, I know, but I've been wanting to play some real Capcom Vs. Snk 2 for a while now. This calls for a Dreamcast resurrection!

Basically, I finally cleared up enough space in my new place to have a shelf or two for old consoles, the DC obviously being one of them. Now, the problem is that the original A/V cable has vanished and never worked right with my newer LCD TV anyway. Clearly, I didn't expect the two technologies to get along fine, being so far apart and all, but I had heard folks talk about using VGA adapters/cables to great success on their newer TVs. Anyone tried this? It sounds like it would be a blessing since I could use the free VGA connection on my TV while also leaving a bundle of cables out of sight (The VGA hook up is on the back of my TV, the A/V and S-Video ones are on the side).

Best one I've found so far, review wise, has been THIS one, but that was only from a quick peek around amazon. Let me know what you duders think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.