Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreaming

Concept »

Whether it's a section of a game, a mission prelude or just a scary premonition; dreams are a common occurrence within video games.

Whiskey Media Related Dreams! I have them sometimes.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

Edited By sparklykiss

Sleep! Who needs it? I sure don't.

Why? Because it leads to micro-naps.

And micro-naps lead to micro-dreams. At least for me. Incredibly vivid and seemingly realistic micro-dreams. This one really stuck with me, though. And I can't get it out of my head, so I thought I’d record it here.

So picture this, this is the setting: Some sunny park set up much like a festival with what looks like a small race track with hurdles and obstacles set off to the side. The race was a piggyback race that had a set number of laps. (5? 10? I don’t remember that part. D: ) And, yes, I said piggyback racing.

I was one of the “horses” in said race. My jockey was our own Ana, our team uniform was me in a white tracksuit that had a Companion Cube pattern on the front with wings on the back, Ana was dressed as Chell. No one else really had a costume for this. But the other horse and rider pairs were:

Shirtless Dave and Pascual

PsEG and slowbird

GlenTennis with Ryan Davis

JJWeatherman and Rich Gallup (Cheater was working on his own.)

Sara Lima carried Vinny Caravella

Yes, Shirtless Dave with one Matt Pascual trying to figure out how to hold on without feeling Dave up. Internet Intern Big Ben (I give great nicknames!) was harassing his jockey with “Hi rider, nice to meet you” constantly. Sara showed off her might by hefting the Italian Stallion. There were some preliminary races that happened that didn’t occur in my dream, but Norm Chan and Matt Rorie were banned for being cheaters (!) and sore losers (Double !). So they were stuck with the duty of being behind the racers to change up the track up for the final lap by adding a hurdle to jump. King of the Interns, Daniel, manned the megaphone and there was a hot dog stand being run by a guy in a suit (ZombiePie?) against another gentleman with a hamburger head (Sweep!) nearby. Some banter between the two about all things British and why one was better than the other. They were competing for Claude and Jeff’s business. When Sweep made a comment about how hotdogs didn’t look like something you’d see on MattyFTM’s face (heehee, testicles) he had won over Jeff with a hamburger. Claude said something about loving his goddamn Wii and went for a wiener. (Ew. (Why did I remember that so well?))

Anyways! Race is about to start. Everyone lines up, Dave and Pascual doing some weird chant, PsEG shaking his head at slowbird, Ryan having difficulty getting up on Ben’s back since the dude is 10 feet tall, JJRichGallupman being smug over the fact that he was basically a one man pair, and Vinny clapping all delighted and such. I turned my head to Ana who said nothing and just nodded, with a “3… 2… Aw fuck, just go go go!” Daniel started our race.

Being the racing type, PsEG/slowbird were off to a great lead, but when slowbird shouted out behind him how he’s always a champion, he lost control and the pair flipped out of control super quickly. It took PsEG and slowbird a bit to realize, but as we all passed, you could barely hear the “GOD DAMMIT, SLOWBIRD” as it was drowned out by the continued chanting of Dave and Pascual. They were moving at a steady pace and passed up Babs and the Italian Stallion jockey; with said stallion deciding to throw his arms out like an airplane. At the time, I wasn’t sure if that was a reference to Wonder Woman and her invisible plane or not, but for now, I’m going to say it was. Ana and I continued to go slow and not saying anything at all, I received a few pats on the back and the occasional foot jab to go faster. JJWeatherman and Gallup held on to second place, trying to keep up with Ben and Ryan, who were leading solely on the fact that Ben feared losing his internship and feared the threats Ryan had sent his way if Ben asked “to meet Rider” one more time.

And in my effort to write this, I nodded off for a bit right here, but don’t worry! I dreamt of this again, slight differences from the first time, but whatever!

So, yes. Racing, piggyback, right. The final lap is approaching, Ben’s exhausted and starts to collapse despite Ryan threatening to can him. Vinny and Sara out of nowhere zoom past, Vinny’s arm bumping Ben giving him that final push to just fall over and pass out. Sara skids to a halt and demands Vinny to play nurse and get Ben back up. Meanwhile, JRichJWeatherGallupman has such a lead that he/they slowdown to a brisk walk. The only other pair aside from Ana and me is the duo of bizarre monk chanting duders, dead set on just going. I look over at Ana who nods, I unzip the track jack to show a turret T-shirt (wat) and with a burst of speed am neck and neck with Shirtless Dave and Pascual. Ana and I stare at them until they glance over and give our best “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” that the turrets in Portal make when they fall over. Uh, yep. Dave and Pascual shout it back, we go again but louder and it dazes Dave and he just stops, holding Matt.

Ana reaches into her pocket, which had a barely noticeable orange glow. It blended so well with her suit. She shoots a blue portal behind us and aims carefully at right in front of Rich Gallup’s a Weatherman, who is about to cross the finish line. An orange portal launches out and that pair is behind us. I give one super exhausted sprint and jump up and fall into the newly placed blue portal and we fly over the finish line.

I don’t even remember what the prize was, but did have one of Will’s $10,000 pies made to look like a cake. Each of us grabbed a piece and did that weird arm lock thing, took a bite and I woke up.

I think it was a chocolate tart.

THE END.

So have I been the only one who has strange dreams like this? Let alone strange Whiskey Media related ones? My sister tends to have dreams with the Giant Bomb staff and she doesn't even really use these websites at all. What's up with that?

And oh god, writing when being up for over 15 hours is bad for you kids, don't do it. (Micronaps or not!)

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sparklykiss

Sleep! Who needs it? I sure don't.

Why? Because it leads to micro-naps.

And micro-naps lead to micro-dreams. At least for me. Incredibly vivid and seemingly realistic micro-dreams. This one really stuck with me, though. And I can't get it out of my head, so I thought I’d record it here.

So picture this, this is the setting: Some sunny park set up much like a festival with what looks like a small race track with hurdles and obstacles set off to the side. The race was a piggyback race that had a set number of laps. (5? 10? I don’t remember that part. D: ) And, yes, I said piggyback racing.

I was one of the “horses” in said race. My jockey was our own Ana, our team uniform was me in a white tracksuit that had a Companion Cube pattern on the front with wings on the back, Ana was dressed as Chell. No one else really had a costume for this. But the other horse and rider pairs were:

Shirtless Dave and Pascual

PsEG and slowbird

GlenTennis with Ryan Davis

JJWeatherman and Rich Gallup (Cheater was working on his own.)

Sara Lima carried Vinny Caravella

Yes, Shirtless Dave with one Matt Pascual trying to figure out how to hold on without feeling Dave up. Internet Intern Big Ben (I give great nicknames!) was harassing his jockey with “Hi rider, nice to meet you” constantly. Sara showed off her might by hefting the Italian Stallion. There were some preliminary races that happened that didn’t occur in my dream, but Norm Chan and Matt Rorie were banned for being cheaters (!) and sore losers (Double !). So they were stuck with the duty of being behind the racers to change up the track up for the final lap by adding a hurdle to jump. King of the Interns, Daniel, manned the megaphone and there was a hot dog stand being run by a guy in a suit (ZombiePie?) against another gentleman with a hamburger head (Sweep!) nearby. Some banter between the two about all things British and why one was better than the other. They were competing for Claude and Jeff’s business. When Sweep made a comment about how hotdogs didn’t look like something you’d see on MattyFTM’s face (heehee, testicles) he had won over Jeff with a hamburger. Claude said something about loving his goddamn Wii and went for a wiener. (Ew. (Why did I remember that so well?))

Anyways! Race is about to start. Everyone lines up, Dave and Pascual doing some weird chant, PsEG shaking his head at slowbird, Ryan having difficulty getting up on Ben’s back since the dude is 10 feet tall, JJRichGallupman being smug over the fact that he was basically a one man pair, and Vinny clapping all delighted and such. I turned my head to Ana who said nothing and just nodded, with a “3… 2… Aw fuck, just go go go!” Daniel started our race.

Being the racing type, PsEG/slowbird were off to a great lead, but when slowbird shouted out behind him how he’s always a champion, he lost control and the pair flipped out of control super quickly. It took PsEG and slowbird a bit to realize, but as we all passed, you could barely hear the “GOD DAMMIT, SLOWBIRD” as it was drowned out by the continued chanting of Dave and Pascual. They were moving at a steady pace and passed up Babs and the Italian Stallion jockey; with said stallion deciding to throw his arms out like an airplane. At the time, I wasn’t sure if that was a reference to Wonder Woman and her invisible plane or not, but for now, I’m going to say it was. Ana and I continued to go slow and not saying anything at all, I received a few pats on the back and the occasional foot jab to go faster. JJWeatherman and Gallup held on to second place, trying to keep up with Ben and Ryan, who were leading solely on the fact that Ben feared losing his internship and feared the threats Ryan had sent his way if Ben asked “to meet Rider” one more time.

And in my effort to write this, I nodded off for a bit right here, but don’t worry! I dreamt of this again, slight differences from the first time, but whatever!

So, yes. Racing, piggyback, right. The final lap is approaching, Ben’s exhausted and starts to collapse despite Ryan threatening to can him. Vinny and Sara out of nowhere zoom past, Vinny’s arm bumping Ben giving him that final push to just fall over and pass out. Sara skids to a halt and demands Vinny to play nurse and get Ben back up. Meanwhile, JRichJWeatherGallupman has such a lead that he/they slowdown to a brisk walk. The only other pair aside from Ana and me is the duo of bizarre monk chanting duders, dead set on just going. I look over at Ana who nods, I unzip the track jack to show a turret T-shirt (wat) and with a burst of speed am neck and neck with Shirtless Dave and Pascual. Ana and I stare at them until they glance over and give our best “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” that the turrets in Portal make when they fall over. Uh, yep. Dave and Pascual shout it back, we go again but louder and it dazes Dave and he just stops, holding Matt.

Ana reaches into her pocket, which had a barely noticeable orange glow. It blended so well with her suit. She shoots a blue portal behind us and aims carefully at right in front of Rich Gallup’s a Weatherman, who is about to cross the finish line. An orange portal launches out and that pair is behind us. I give one super exhausted sprint and jump up and fall into the newly placed blue portal and we fly over the finish line.

I don’t even remember what the prize was, but did have one of Will’s $10,000 pies made to look like a cake. Each of us grabbed a piece and did that weird arm lock thing, took a bite and I woke up.

I think it was a chocolate tart.

THE END.

So have I been the only one who has strange dreams like this? Let alone strange Whiskey Media related ones? My sister tends to have dreams with the Giant Bomb staff and she doesn't even really use these websites at all. What's up with that?

And oh god, writing when being up for over 15 hours is bad for you kids, don't do it. (Micronaps or not!)

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nux

I had a dream that I was hanging with the Giantbomb crew once, that was cool.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude
    Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ChickenPants

God, Norm and Rorie would make such a great team.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sparklykiss

@Claude: I remember reading that. Reminds me my sister had another Jeff related dream. Something about them playing some handheld and him cheating. I really hope you'd pick a pretzel if given that very real-to-life and dramatic dilemma! We must hang out on these forums too much. :P

Also: Holy crap, the comments on blogs now is so fucking beautiful.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sparklykiss

@ChickenPants: They sure seem interesting. I just wish I knew what they did to cheat. Makes me insanely curious.

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By PatVB

My God, this was a fascinating read. I wish I had vivid dreams like this. Unless you just made this whole story up, in which case shame on you.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sparklykiss

@pat4327: If it was made up, I think I'd force Rorie on my team. Juuuust sayin'. (No offense to Ana. <3)

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By PatVB

@Sparklykiss: I don't know...Norm is smaller and always wants to win. Rorie will fall off you if you pass a puppy...

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman

Oh my...

I'm calling BS on that portal gun trick. Come on refs, that's gotta be against some kinda rule. I demand official review! >:(

okoctothorpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By okoctothorpe

I normally watch a QL or something as I'm falling asleep, so I have many, many Giant Bomb related dreams. I could use a few more with Jeff though <3

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sparklykiss

@pat4327: I'd figure out something. Something pun related...

@JJWeatherman: My dream, my victory!

@okoctothorpe: You should get in touch with my sister, then. She doesn't even really check GB at all. And has had quite a few Jeff and Ryan heavy dreams, haha.

@Nux: You should share one, that'd be cool, dude!

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nux

@okoctothorpe said:

I normally watch a QL or something as I'm falling asleep, so I have many, many Giant Bomb related dreams. I could use a few more with Jeff though <3

Same here except I start to fall asleep while I am watching a Quick Look.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MachoFantastico

Don't dream often, but last year I dreamt a dream which had nothing to do with Whiskey Media but towards the end I vividly remember Ryan Davis giving me a bottle of water as I was running towards something. No idea, but it made me smile when I woke up!

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sameeeeam

Oh God, I didn't even experience your dream first hand and I'm still feeling a great and wrenching disconnect between my body and mind.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sparklykiss

@TrueEnglishGent: That must have been the best water ever!

@Underachiever007: Now you must have a piggyback race, it's only right!

And I totally had a dream with Jeff in it last night. He was trying to teach me how to slow dance and ballroom dance properly. I... Uh... Yep! Strange, because I already know my ballroom dances! I must have been faking dumb in that one. I need to stop using these sites so often.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.