Drew Scanlon's Top 10 Games of 2015

• 115 results
#101 Posted by Glots (2864 posts) -

Not surprised by the lack of Halo 5, he didn't seem too keen on it during the Extra Life. I'm not sure if I can even remember him talking about it after that in the Bombcast, except once or twice.

#102 Posted by DyingHonor (18 posts) -

Drew not having Halo on here is surprising! But I'm so happy to see one of the staff giving Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes some love!

Now I just have to find time to play Downwell...

#103 Posted by andrew2696 (601 posts) -

@glottery: He also played it in the a really kind of tiring way. Especially having to fight the Warden that many times (which is an issue that everyone can agree upon) made even worse having to do so in one sitting.

I can also imagine his taste may have shifted. It is weird that I'm trying to justify this and try and get into the mind of Drew but don't we all aspire to be more like him? No? Okay.

Personally Halo 5 felt like a cool evolution of Halo and I really found a multiplayer game again though I think it would have benefited from more modes and maps upfront than updates. But updates, especially free ones, is nice to keep me revisiting it.

I don't get people who want the whole one man army thing and find that the thing about Halo. That seems like a low bar to have for a video game.

#104 Edited by damonkey64 (88 posts) -

Surprised no Halo was on this list, but I like that you reached outside the box of what is generally socially decided as being potential GOTY quality and grabbed games that really hit you. Her Story, Downwell, Dirt, and Puzz and D Mario were nowhere on my radar, but I will add them to my backlog of things to check out. Thanks for keeping it real Scanlon.

#105 Posted by Onemanarmyy (2566 posts) -
#106 Posted by WrathOfGod (909 posts) -

Thanks Drew!

Some real shockers in the numbers 1 and 2 slot. Cool!

Drew has a really breezy way of writing that's easy-to-read.

More Drew in 2016 is all I ask.

#107 Posted by L33T_HAXOR (851 posts) -

So... What's the deal with Halo 5? Did the fanbase really turn against it for some reason? Was there something wrong with the multiplayer? Does it have a decent playerbase at this point?

Was the single-player storyline actually just straight-up bad? Not even pulpy or corny, just bad?

#108 Posted by Falconer (2053 posts) -

Surprise, playing a game's story for the first time on a live stream while talking to others and answering questions probably isn't the best way to experience said story.

#109 Posted by zaldar (989 posts) -

So not sure how far in phantom pain you have gotten but it will be interesting to see if its level changes after you finish it.

#110 Edited by MeAuntieNora (1072 posts) -

So... What's the deal with Halo 5? Did the fanbase really turn against it for some reason? Was there something wrong with the multiplayer? Does it have a decent playerbase at this point?

Was the single-player storyline actually just straight-up bad? Not even pulpy or corny, just bad?

I don't have an Xbone, but I was curious about this too. The other night before Star Wars there was a Halo 5 ad. My cousin excitedly says it's "one of the most forgettable games of all time" It wasn't even until after the movie that I realized I FORGOT Halo 5 came out already... like, a while ago... Is my cousin right?

Just through osmosis and Giant Bomb talking about it, it almost sounds boring, which in many ways is more damning than just being "bad." Seemed like the new stuff and changes were received pretty positively by most.

#111 Posted by jedikv (316 posts) -

@meauntienora: I think a lot of the Warzone REQ stuff also was a downer (they briefly mention it in the best multi podcast). Overall it's a solid release with nothing that outstanding.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
#112 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (2001 posts) -

Great list! Drew, you have to get yourself a Wii U.

#113 Posted by Itwongo (1735 posts) -

Wow, Monster Hunter! I didn't expect that at all.

#114 Posted by Menkhor (78 posts) -

Love it Drew.

DiRT Rally's here, and Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes gets top accolades! Great list!

And don't worry about Halo 5... it's time they stuck a nail in that coffin, dunchathink? :P

Avatar image for american_drag0n
#115 Posted by American_Drag0n (118 posts) -

Good list Drew!

#116 Posted by McBlemmen (172 posts) -

weird list

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.