Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Driveclub

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

Driveclub is a team-based racing game from Evolution Studios for PlayStation 4.

Rumour: Driveclub delayed to 2014

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Has one of the PlayStation 4's big launch exclusives has been pushed back to next year? Rumors are swirling that DriveClub has been delayed to 2014, but Sony won't comment on the matter.

A website called The Same Coin sparked the rumor earlier today, claiming they'd heard from "an anonymous source" that Sony's big racing game, originally slated for release alongside the PS4 on November 15, has been bumped to next spring. "Treat this as 100% rumour for now," they wrote. "Hopefully it will turn out to be false."

While I hadn't heard of this website before today, a person familiar with goings-on at Sony told me today that the report is true.

To add some fuel to this rumor fire, today in San Francisco, Sony is holding an event to show off their PS4 games. Although DriveClub was originally part of the lineup, a Sony rep told me this afternoon that it has been removed due to a "scheduling conflict." ..

Kotaku: Is PS4 Launch Game DriveClub Delayed To 2014?

IGN: Driveclub Allegedly Delayed to 2014

Destructoid: Rumor: DriveClub won't be ready for PS4 launch

GameSpot: DriveClub delayed?

Polygon: Report: DriveClub for PlayStation 4 delayed

No Caption Provided

So, it doesn't even say what quarter 2014! Hm. Who here was buying this on launch, btw? It'd be pretty weird to have Driveclub come out like Q2 2014, or something. I mean it sounds a good Summer game to me.

At least include some more tracks or something, or an app for the new launch. Hm.

Edit: Oh right, it says Spring. It still Looks like a Summer game.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

"Treat this as 100% rumour for now," they wrote.

Maybe we should treat this as 100% rumor for now?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

That's okay by me. I wasn't all that interested in it from the beginning. Need 4 Speed rivals can fill the racing void at launch.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Christ man these PS4 games are going to be coming in hot. I hope this isn't indicative of how ready the retail hardware is going to be at launch.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Kotaku and rumor doesn't usually end well.

The guy from the PS4 reveal is gonna be super bummed if this is true.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think this is going to end up being fake.

I think....

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That's okay, we can still play Knock or whatever.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm yet to see anything compelling about this game, plus, GT6 is out in December.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

seeing how it's supposed to be coming out on PS+ on day one for PS4, I doubt it. This game has probably been finished for a couple of months by now. Keep in mind that this game has been around for TEN YEARS

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Christ man these PS4 games are going to be coming in hot. I hope this isn't indicative of how ready the retail hardware is going to be at launch.

A lot of things on both the hardware and software side seem like they're really coming in under the wire for MS, Sony, and various devs/pubs trying to release early launch window games.

As for the rumor, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Driveclub slip to 2014, but I could say the same thing right now about a handful of other launch games.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Only if it means that they'll have time to make it more erotic

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

meh

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there goes their day 1 free game if this is true.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Kotaku and rumor doesn't usually end well.

The guy from the PS4 reveal is gonna be super bummed if this is true.

Loading Video...

Thanks for reminding me of that guy.

I can't say I'm excited for Driveclub but I'd rather they take the time to make a good game with possibilities for sequels and improvement rather than have it be a forgotten disappointment.

Residentrevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boy, that came out of nowhere. What's going on over there at Sony? Just throw some money at the problem. That'll fix everything. I kid, but it is kind of a bummer to lose another game. First Watch Dogs and now this...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I really, REALLY hope this ends up being false.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

@geirr said:

That's okay, we can still play Knock or whatever.

It's called Knack, but yeah, I'm not that interested in Driveclub. But will Knack and Killzone really be the two banner launch exclusives for the PS4 if this rumor is true?

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this turns out to be true I wonder if they'll choose a different game to give PS+ members. First Watch_Dogs and now this might not make it for launch, this week has kind of sucked for new consoles.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game looks mediocre anyway (visually it looks down right poor for a game running on new hardware), hardly a concern.

Avatar image for chronicthehedgehog
    ChronicTheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

WHATS HAPPENING TO ALL THE GAEMS?!

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I wasn't even all that interested in this game to begin with, but damn...WTF am I supposed to get at launch with Watch Dogs and now this being delayed? Starting to wish I had gone with an XONE. At least I'd have some Forza to play...

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason I was going to play this was because of the PS+ version, otherwise it looks pretty dull.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I wonder if that means a full release is out of the question but a stripped down, PS+ version is still on the table. Just treat it like the GT 5 Prologue.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would not surprise me. I played it at PAX and I thought it was piss poor. Compared to Forza and even the crew (which I don't have high hopes for), it really seemed poor. Graphically it was probably the worst "big" next gen game I saw at PAX and control wise I did not dig it (I am the opposite of a racing fan though). The social integration though seemed really cool, but also really distracting.

I would not get a next gen system on launch day, but at least Xbox 1 still has Forza and Dead Rising 3 looked surprising good at PAX(never been a fan of dead rising but it legit seemed impressive at PAX).

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was just reading this, and I hope this isn't the case. To have a couple of games drop out of Sony's launch day window isn't making me feel to great about the PS4 on launch day. We are getting so close to the launch that games should not be dropping out any more.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Rumor no more! It's true!

And I am sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes the Ps4's initial lineup look like even more of a bummer, after that Watch Dogs announcement. For launch, they just lost one of their key exclusives and their most heavily marketed third party game in a matter of days from one another. It certainly makes Spring look great for Sony, but right away, Microsoft certainly has the advantage on games.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
    RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is such a double edged sword for me. I want them to show off this title as best as they can but Drive Club was presented as a different kind of racing game and that got me really excited about clubs and organising race events. I actually want to compete on the ladder and try my hand at racing other people around the world. It sounds a bit dumb but it's like how you have these annual racing events every year for different class cars. Communities are something that I'm pretty attached to whenever I dedicate myself to a few titles a year and Drive Club was going to be one of those games. I can't help but feel that with the delay, other games may overshadow it even further with no initial launch hype to follow through.

I think with Sony providing a limited version of the game and 14 days of PS+ was the smartest thing to market the game. Everyone who had a PS4 at launch had no excuse not to try the game out. If they are using this time to port JDM cars and patch in weather than all is forgiven Evolution! I've only noticed European cars mostly so I'd love to see a car list at some stage.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

For PS+, they replaced DriveClub with Contrast for the day one freebie, and said when DriveClub does come out is will still be free for Plus subscribers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.