Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Driveclub

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

Driveclub is a team-based racing game from Evolution Studios for PlayStation 4.

Wait, free PS Plus Edition was a limited time offer? (ends Oct 6th)

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By WulfBane

So I was checking what the October PS Plus lineup was and noticed this little tidbit:

Last thing! Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition will no longer be available as a free download for Plus members starting on October 6th, 2015. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, be sure to go to PlayStation Store now before October 6th!

(link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/30/ps-plus-free-games-for-october-2015/ )

I mean personally I haven't played driving games for a while, but I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to the talk about a "PS Plus Edition" I assumed it was just a standing offer. In hindsight, I suppose it is reasonable that it was probably just intended as a "at launch" offer when Driveclub was announced.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Itwastuesday

Perfect end to the Driveclub PS+ Edition saga. Big announcement from the original press conference boils down to "For a limited time, months after release, you can download a trial version of the game."

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RonGalaxy

At this point, taking it down just seems like a waste of time on their part.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Weird, that whole thing was such a mess I'm surprised they're willing to risk bringing anymore negative attention to it. I kind of assumed they'd eventually just offer Driveclub as a free PS+ game for a month and pull the PS+ edition alongside that.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well, on one hand it's hardly surprising that this title is handled like any other PS+ Title these days...on the other hand, of course, this is a trial version and not the full game as you'd usually get from PS+

*shrug*

All i know is that Driveclub is a surprisingly good game (nowadays after tons of patches and cool free content) and that by the time the "PS Plus" Version came around it was hardly worth that anyway since you can get Driveclub real cheap for some time.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Shrug, never played it yet.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I bet they can't wait to bury all this shit.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rongalaxy: Take it down, leave it for a few months, throw up the full version as part of PS+.

It's a pretty decent game. I might pick up the full version if there's ever a lull in games again or I've a real hankering for a driving game.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't get all the handling complaints, seeing as pretty few of us have even driven the actual cars how are we to compare? Don't recall specifics but was it just extra, unrealistically squirrely in general or something?

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They never said the PS+ release would be going for an unlimited time. I don't see the problem.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Have they said if this is going to be a P.T. thing and totally off the store or is it "get it in your download history soon" kinda thing. Either way meh, from what i played of the PS+ version it was not my style of driving game. It just kinda odd how something like God of War HD is still a PS+ exclusive on PSN (which someone should probably change that), but this game they cant wait to get it the hell away.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Eh. I've been a huge critic of the whole thing but I honestly don't see the problem here. The announcement specifically says that you need to download it by 10/6, so they aren't going to remove your access if you've already downloaded it. They just aren't allowing new downloads. The game has been posted for months so if you wanted it, you should have downloaded it already. Did people really expect that it would just be permanently free to download?

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

So they promised it for the PS4 launch, delivered it approximately eighteen months late, then pull it down after three months? LMAO, I fucking love it.

The implication always seemed to be that it would be up for a long time, I always assumed it would stay up for at least a year. Anyway I already downloaded it and didn't enjoy it at all, I don't think people are missing out on much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.