Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DRL

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 19, 2013

DRL, formerly DoomRL, is an independent game that applies the classic gameplay of roguelikes such as Nethack to the familiar tropes and setting of Doom and Doom II.

DoomRL - now with pretty graphics

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jozzy

Well, I think they are pretty, in a pixelart way. DoomRL is a pretty cool roguelike that really captures the spirit of the original doom, with marines, chainsaws, armor and double shotguns. This week the maker of Spelunky finished his work on changing the ASCII art into graphics. If you are into Doom or roguelikes you should totally check it out.

No Caption Provided
    EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By EarlessShrimp

nice!  I was a fan of the ASCII graphics since it reminded me so much of nethack ASCII, and this sprite version looks pretty good!  I might have to try this one out again just to see the pretty overhaul!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

think i'd rather just play the original doom instead of this.

Vyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vyse

Awesome. I never really liked the ASCII graphic of rogue-likes (I guess it was before my time), but I can't wait to try this out.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jozzy

Man, this game has so many cool throwbacks to Doom. The way your health ticks down if it is over a 100%, the way the armor works, the tactical use of barrels, the special stage where you get a chainsaw and go bezerk on the monsters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.