Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DSiWare

Platform »

DSiWare is Nintendo's name for its downloadable games appearing on the new Nintendo DSi system.

6 In 1 Language Translator Hits DSiWare

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Just one update this week:  

NINTENDO DSiWARE
    Dictionary 6 in 1 with Camera Function (Nintendo, 800 Points) 

Dictionary 6 in 1 with Camera Function is no ordinary dictionary; it transforms your Nintendo DSi into a unique language tool. Enter a word by hand, or simply snap a photo of it, to receive an instant translation. Thousands of everyday words and expressions in six different languages are included:  

• English  
    • French  
    • German 
    • Spanish 
    • Italian 
    • Japanese

Use the Touch Screen to enter a word via the on-screen keyboard or write the letters by hand using the stylus. Alternatively, use the camera to take a photo of a word - such as in a magazine or on a sign - and the software will do the rest and translate it. Dictionary 6 in 1 with Camera Function is useful when travelling, for casual study, or anytime you need to brush up your knowledge of foreign words.     
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's pretty cool that you can snap a photo of it, but I imagine it has to be a very clear font. Should have made it a cartridge (if for some reason it didn't fit on DSiWare and added voice recognition of the words too though.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:

" Just one update this week:  

NINTENDO DSiWARE

Dictionary 6 in 1 with Camera Function (Nintendo, 800 Points)

Dictionary 6 in 1 with Camera Function is no ordinary dictionary; it transforms your Nintendo DSi into a unique language tool. Enter a word by hand, or simply snap a photo of it, to receive an instant translation. Thousands of everyday words and expressions in six different languages are included:  

• English  
    • French  
    • German 
    • Spanish 
    • Italian 
    • Japanese
    Use the Touch Screen to enter a word via the on-screen keyboard or write the letters by hand using the stylus. Alternatively, use the camera to take a photo of a word - such as in a magazine or on a sign - and the software will do the rest and translate it. Dictionary 6 in 1 with Camera Function is useful when travelling, for casual study, or anytime you need to brush up your knowledge of foreign words.      "
    I just spent my 1000 points last night (Pyoro and Mario & Donkey Kong) and I did see this.  I ummmed about it, and now I think I want it -  Japanese would be handy.  I assumed it would be all European languages.  Maybe when I buy some more points and there is more than just this I could be interested in, I will get it. 

English could come in handy for a few people around here  :-)
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

How big is the file I wonder?  I don't have a DSi, but even just a Japanese dictionary is pretty big, like 128 or 256MB...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.