Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

A Duke Nukem Forever Award

momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By momentarylogic

I think that if Giant Bomb ever has a yearly awards column (i have little doubt), then The Duke Nukem Forever Award should be the name for the award of a game that took way too long to be put out on the market that is not  worth the time/money put into it. A game that when played, makes you sit back and marvel at the amount of time/money put into.

Over the years of following this floundering folly, I have come to the impression that "Duke Nukem Forever" was an inside joke from the word go. The developer 3d Realms, had so many resources, and so much fun making/playing their game that they just kept it in-house, constantly tweaking it for their own satisfaction.

Any developer , would have created their own code after having to rebuild with several other engines, and after so many setbacks.

At this point, it wouldn't matter if Duke Nukem Forever was the greatest game of all time, simply because of the massive epic fail of the developers cycle. It's purely mythical, and has become a towering symbol of irony, or better yet, an honorary awards category.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There is no way this game will be good. I'm not sure what other games could get the award, though.

momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By momentarylogic

Each year there are tons of games that fall of the proverbial wagon, and madden is just one of the many "don't bother making another game of the series, seriously" games that should be considered for the maligned, yet appropriate, award. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.