Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Duke Nukem Forever

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

After approximately fourteen years of development, the heavily infamous sequel to Duke Nukem 3D was finally released, in which the macho Duke must damper yet another alien invasion.

If they made one from the ground up...

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MancombSeepgood

So, as we've heard, 2K isn't going to let this franchise die. What is glaringly obvious from Duke Nukem Forever is that a lot of stuff that was put into the game from years ago has been left in. What I wondered is if Gearbox started working on a Duke Nukem game from scratch, would it be good?  

Gearbox have already proved they're capable of making good games and funny games with Borderlands, but the humour of Duke Nukem is very dated. The question is whether Gearbox could modernize Duke, or if whatever they make will seem dated.  

Personally, I'm not sure. Gearbox are a good studio but maybe Duke is beyond saving. As many on this board have pointed out though, Bulletstorm was the sort of Duke Nukem game that could stand up in these modern times, so maybe it can be done. What do you guys think?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Evilsbane

It just needs to turn the volume up to 11, Duke was funny because of how insane all the shit he would say was, in today's world that is old hat so it needs to be taken to such an incredible level of Awesome and Stupid that no one could hate it.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e114a345bdd
    deactivated-58e114a345bdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I found the humor in DNF to be funnier then Bulletstorm. Dick tits.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ComradeKhan

I'm excited too see what they do to be honest.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mesoian

With gearbox doing furious four, I still don't see the need for a new Duke Nukem game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.