Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Siege III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 17, 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 is the third instalment of the Dungeon Siege franchise. It tells the tale of the fallen 10th Legion taking back the Kingdom of Ehb from the popular Azunite champion Jeyne Kassynder.

Best combat ever!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zol

I haven't enjoyed an action RPG so much in years and I played every RPG in the last 10 years.

I really think that Dungeon Siege 3 will be better than Diablo 3 since Diablo 3 is classic click spam fest. Just compare the gameplay of Lucas with Diablo 3' Barbarian and you see how Diablo 3 is primitive just like Starcraft 2 is primitive and inferior in every way to Dawn of War 2.
    Dungeon Siege 3 evolved this genre. It's just sad that Blizzard has much greater budget so it can create much bigger games in scope.

And PC controls are excellent once you learn them and know what you're doing.

As for things other than combat this game is a visual treat, best looking dungeons, caves, cities. Everything is just visual candy. Voice acting is superb, especially Lucas. The abilities are varied and satisfying with every point counting and being relevant unlike in most RPG games. If you play with all 4 characters you can have up to 80 hours, I'm playing with Lucas right now, spent 13 hours and I'm not even half through.

P.S.
    I noticed that people are blatantly factually lying about many things about this game, I'm not sure if it's pettyness, lazyness, cluelessness but it's really sad to see..

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft

troll or naive 

user created poll?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By onarum

I kinda enjoyed the combat as well in the demo, I much prefer direct control over click spamming, though I wouldn't call it the best combat system ever by any means, Demon's Souls combat for example is far superior.

One thing I don't liked about it though is that it felt severely restricting on exploration, very very narrow/linear paths with no room to explore at all, DS1 had big areas where you could roam and explore, again this is all based on the demo so I have no idea if it opens up later in the game.

edit: and yes, this guy has an opinion, so he is definitely a troll, *rolleyes*

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BaneFireLord
    @buft said:
    troll or naive
    Note the number of posts this guy's made. Troll.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trollolol

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TorMasturba

@BaneFireLord said:

@buft said:
    troll or naive

Definitely agree when it comes to this specific thread, but I checked his wall on his profile, just in case and to be fair to him, and he seems like he's just new to these forums on the post counter.

Zol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zol

Wow, this is the height of dialog on this forum? Calling other people trolls for no apparent reason?
    Holy shit, my skin just crawled, I better get out of this cesspool.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By onarum
    @TorMasturba said:

@BaneFireLord said:

@buft said:
    troll or naive

Definitely agree when it comes to this specific thread, but I checked his wall on his profile, just in case and to be fair to him, and he seems like he's just new to these forums on the post counter.

No you don't understand, the OP has an opinion the goes against others, so he most definitely must be a troll, that's how it works.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Cloudenvy

Good that you're enjoying it, duder! but calling people petty, lazy or clueless is not the best way to start a thread.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jimbo

Every RPG in the last 10 years!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pweidman

Isn't there a patch coming from Odsidian to fix busted m&k controls? Didn't they apologize for their oversight, or dropping the ball, or however they said it? Jeff didn't seem too enthused, but tc seems to really like them. Hmmm.

I'm playing it on 360, and the game is fun, but the online co-op has major issues. Not sure I wanna replay the very linear story over w/another character either so replay isn't much for me I'm afraid. The skill upgrades do affect your combat abilities pretty darn well, point by point as tc stated. Hey have fun with it duder!

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buft
    @onarum said:
    @TorMasturba said:

@BaneFireLord said:

@buft said:
    troll or naive

No you don't understand, the OP has an opinion the goes against others, so he most definitely must be a troll, that's how it works.
    @Zol said:
     P.S. I noticed that people are blatantly factually lying about many things about this game, I'm not sure if it's pettyness, lazyness, cluelessness but it's really sad to see..  

I'm sorry bro maybe you missed this flamebait at the bottom of the post, guess you don't know how it works after all
    shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By shinigami420

Hmmm i cant decide if he is mentally challenged or a troll

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By onarum
    @buft :

no I didn't miss it, and come on... if that insults you then you are easily offended.

but whatever, call him a troll if you want, no point in arguing over this.
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buft
    @onarum said:
    @buft :  no I didn't miss it, and come on... if that insults you then you are easily offended.  but whatever, call him a troll if. you want, no point in arguing over this.
    i didnt get insulted, he was trolling and i called him out on it.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I'm enjoying it, as I was a huge fan of the original Dungeon Siege as a kid.

But really.. the combat is similar to Fable... Also known as simple, and not good.

Zol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zol
    @pweidman said:

Isn't there a patch coming from Odsidian to fix busted m&k controls? 

What? You need to learn the difference between busted controls and bothering to learn how to play.
    PC controls are superbly streamlined and efficient:
    1.you use right click mouse for moving, you hold right click mouse for direction(especially for dodge direction)
    2.you left click to attack
    3.you use SPACE to dodge(while holding right click), block, select passive abilities
    4.you use 1,2,3 to activate abilities
    5.you press Q for stance change

Wow, you really are completely clueless and lazy, Dawn of War 2 has far more demanding controls and hotkeys than Dungeon Siege 3. 

Anyone who has bothered to learn how to play can't see any problem with PC controls whatsoever and instead of learning how to play you make up nonsense how controls are busted.

Welcome to Retardtopia people.

But really.. the combat is similar to Fable... Also known as simple, and not good.

WTH, it's not even close to Fable, it's a completely different system, more engaging than any other action RPG combat mechanic, are you functionally illiterate or something?
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AlexW00d

That fucking avatar again. What the hell?

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By UnrealDP

Well, i don't see how you could take this troll seriously, i mean, the bashing diablo 3s gameplay (a game that isn't even out yet) and denouncing every game that isn't dawn of war 2 is quite the give away, also the calling everyone whos ever said anything bad about dungeon siege 3 a lier is also not something a regular, non troll, user would say.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pweidman

@Zol: Wow you are a rude one aren't ya? I'm not even playing it on pc, I had heard of some fix coming from Obsidian. Was just asking for clarification, not putting down the pc version of the game at all. I believe there's a news story related to this exact issue. Looks like you are the one who's uninformed.

And is this how you react to users at every new site you visit and register to? Somehow I get the feeling your stay here won't be very long.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By kerse

Stopped reading at better than Diablo 3, game isn't even out yet.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By Yanngc33

I've been enjoying it but I wouldn't call it the "best ever"

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By TobbRobb
    No Caption Provided
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Rowr

Double Whammy.

Naive-Troll.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.