Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Siege III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 17, 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 is the third instalment of the Dungeon Siege franchise. It tells the tale of the fallen 10th Legion taking back the Kingdom of Ehb from the popular Azunite champion Jeyne Kassynder.

Square Enix, Obsidian Bringing Dungeon Siege 3 To Consoles

• 60 results
    Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Cybexx

Played the first Dungeon Siege and enjoyed it, never played the expansion pack or sequel. I guess if this has pack mules I'm in. 

I'm sucked into Alpha Protocol right now, despite its many flaws the writing and choice systems are so cool and the action elements become manageable once you pump some points into your skills, occasionally even fun at times. Alpha Protocol is tearing my attention away from Red Dead and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and a many other games I could be playing, which is kind of impressive, I just want to keep pressing on and seeing what is next. 

Obsidian gets a bad rap for their games due to lack of polish, KOTOR II was unfortunate and needed way longer than its 1 year development cycle could afford. Alpha Protocol is tragic because they did manage to get extra time, but they could have obviously used more. NWN 2 was apparently really buggy on release, though I haven't got very far in that game so I can't say for sure. These problems could stem from publisher pressure or internal miss-management. However, Obsidian has a lot of cool ideas and the Black Isle roots are still there. 

With Obsidian working on Fallout: New Vegas, this and co-developing another RPG based off Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series I am a bit worried if they have the resources to pull them all off, but I'm looking forward to those game regardless.  

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By c1337us
    @zaglis said:
    " Stop giving Obsidian games to ruin! "
    I hope they don't because I could play some more Dungeon Siege.
    Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Don

The first game was legitimately awesome. 
    Compliments end there.

ryonosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By ryonosuke

the "don't tell uwe boll" thing was hilarious

theMuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By theMuse

Oh man Dungeon Siege was such an awesome game. I was really disappointed by the pretty lackluster second one.

This looks rad as hell.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#56  Edited By KillyDarko

Why people keep giving developer duties to Obsidion is a mystery to me... the only game they ever really got right was KotOR 2, and we all know that game was pretty much just a clone of the first one...

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By Tordah

Wow, those screenshots look amazing. Love the bird's eye perspective.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Olivaw said:
    " It's an Obsidian game.

I'm expecting a pretty great story surrounding a broken game.

And that's fine I suppose, but you'd think after so many games, they would have gotten the game development part down already. "
    Well, so far they've developed games published by LucasArts, Atari, Sega, and Bethesda.  Square Enix is by far the biggest publisher they've worked with, so hopefully this means this game has the biggest budget they've had to work with.  I don't feel Alpha Protocol's jankness was caused by lack of ability, I believe it was caused by lack of money.

Also, do those really count as screenshots?  They're quite obviously target renders and not indicative of the actual graphical fidelity itself.
    Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Roger778

Guys, you need to cut the guys at Obsidian some slack.  They are good RPG developers who used to work at Black Isle Studios, and maybe even Bioware, so they know a thing or two about making RPG Games. 

Alpha Protocol was a hard game at first, but once I pumped some more points into my pistol, martial arts, and stealth skills, it became much easier.  Plus, it had a great dialogue system where you had to choose the right response, in order to get a potential alley to like you, and eventually trust you.  Plus, I did not experience any bad bugs in the game, though there were a few times when the graphics were a little glitchy, but that was it, and overall, I really enjoyed it.   

Knights of the Old Republic II was a great game, but way too buggy, and that's because LucasArts put them on a strict development schedule, by finishing the game in one year.  If they had more time to develop the game, it could've turned out much better.   

Finally, for those who are worried that Dungeon Siege III is going to be terrible, I just finished reading a news article about the game on Gamespot, where Chris Taylor, the creator of the series, is helping  Obsidian by being an advisor.  Which means, he's giving out a helping hand on the game. 

My point is, we have yet to see a game from Obsidian Entertainment, that is developed properly, and isn't on a rushed schedule.  It could be either this game, or Fallout: New Vegas.  I've never played a Dungeon Siege game, but I'm already interested in this one, because the artwork looks great so far. 

Sorry, if this comment was too long, but I had to let it all out.

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Darksaw

I loved the first one but couldn't get into the second. I hope this is good!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.