Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust 514

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 14, 2013

DUST 514 was a free-to-play, persistent-world online competitive shooter focused on intense infantry combat augmented by powerful vehicles. It was set in and directly connected to the thriving player driven MMO universe of EVE Online.

DUST 514 Giant Bomb Community Corp

• 190 results
    mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mr_creeper

Hey, duders. Seeing as there's no real benefit for our EVE Online corp, Kite Co. Space Trucking, to take in DUST 514 mercs at this point in time, I went ahead and created a sister corp for all you Bombers to join.

Head to your NeoCom, select Corporation then search for Kite Co. Couriers.

Big thanks to @dinosaurs for suggesting the name!

I'll be accepting apps whenever I can jump on. It's open to anyone who'd like to join.

There's not a lot you can do with corps in DUST right now, but it'll be a good way to find people to squad-up with and, as more functionality is added, it'll be nice to have a group to start with. What we CAN do is overtake some districts on planets in Molden Heath. How this is really beneficial, or the best way to got about it, is not something I've been following, so I've assigned a couple of our more knowledgeable members as Tacticians to handle this for us.

If you're looking to squad up, hit Select to bring up your Social Panel and go to the Squad Tab. From there, you can create a new Squad and then send out invite to other's via name, Corp Chat or Corp Members List.

Your space truck too big? Count on us to get into the tight places.

Kite Co. Couriers

@fisk0: How to Join the Public EVE Online Giant Bomb Channel from DUST:"...use the select button to enter the [Social Menu], then move the pointer to the leftmost column and move it all the way down to the + button, which will change to "Create/Join", there you just have to choose to join Giantbombing..."

If you're new to DUST 514 and looking to check it out, it's free-to-play on the PlayStation Network. You can hit my referral link and get an exclusive Assault Rifle and 7-Day Skill Booster. Also, here's a great starter guide:

DUST Pointers for New Duders by @burningstickman

If playing DUST has giving you an itch to check-out it's big brother, EVE Online, why not use my referral link to score yourself a free 21-day trial. Plus, if you decide to subscribe, I get a reward that I'll be happy to sell and then split the in-game money with ya', which is a nice chunk of starting change for a newbie. [approx. 275 million].

Need to get a hold of us? I try to check these boards a couple time a day, so drop a comment here or shoot me a PM. Also, you can contact management in-game via DUST or EVE on the characters below:

• CEO: Azrael Crowley
    • Directors: Creeper Saleos, Cas Surtr
    • Tacticians: Indra Gelan, Kaelon Demiteth
    • My EVE Online Main: Creeper de Monn

Now...get out there and shoot some people the face!

Dinosaurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey cool you used my suggestion :D

Hope this corp takes off. Get in there Dust players!

Avatar image for burningstickman
    BurningStickMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By BurningStickMan

@mr_creeper: Excellent! Thanks for doing this. Will apply when I get home tonight.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like the Dust-EVE connections will give Alliance bonuses for planet control, so if we're in an offcial Kite Co. Alliance, our gains should help EVE production without being members of that Corp. Unfortunately, it also sounds like those gains really only apply to null-sec corps and moon mining, and the faction warfare seems geared around corps dedicated enough to schedule battles, rally defenses, and such.

Shame, because Dust really does need some greater purpose to fight other than building your own skill points.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Cool! I plan on trying out the game soon, so it's good to see a GB community out there.

spidermanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I submitted my app for it. Can't wait till I'm accepted and I'm rolling with the crew. :)

ouren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ouren

Count me in.

EDIT: I applied.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeShawn2ks

I am game. Can't wait to finally play Dust with a crew. App has been submitted.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everyone for applying. Just got off work, so I'll be accepting the apps in a few.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10 fisk0  Moderator

Cool, I'll apply after work tomorrow.

ouren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'm in. the corp

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just applied. I'm not sure how much I will play, but I want to give it a try and I assume having people to play with will make it more entertaining.

Avatar image for uhohlovehascometotown
    uhohlovehascometotown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

oh em gee, im so happy. i feel so lonely playing this game, Have the guys played this for TNT yet?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Driadon

Cool beans! I'll be sure to apply. I'm not playing a whole lot right now, but with the update out, I should sneak back in.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mr_creeper

@uhohlovehascometotown: Not yet, but they mentioned on today's I Love Mondays that they may be looking at the release this week!

Thanks, again, to everyone that's applied. All apps have been accepted as of this posting. If you're looking to squad up, hit Select to bring up your Social Panel and go to the Squad Tab. From there, you can create a new Squad and then send out invite to other's via name, Corp Chat or the Corp Members List.

GLHB

totendeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By totendeer

I will most likely apply when I get a stable internet connection again (should be later this month). I only play sporadically, but it'll be cool to finally have someone to play with.

Cool beans @mr_creeper, very cool beans indeed!

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totendeer: Hope to see you on the battlefield soon, duder.

All new apps accepted as of this posting. Corp skills upgraded to hold up to 200 members. Thanks for joining up; give them people Hell out there. o7

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By turboman

downloading DUST now... for the cause.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By yakov456

I will apply later tonight. Been playing for a few days and it seems like it offers some fun and new things.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloading the game right now. Didn't like the beta but I've heard it's changed drastically since then so I will be trying the full release. If I like it, I'll join this corp. thing.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Thomas Space is now a part of Kite Co. Fighting for the cause, whatever it may be.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jumping on in a minute to accept any open apps; then probably hit a couple matches. B|

Didn't like the beta but I've heard it's changed drastically since then so I will be trying the full release. If I like it, I'll join this corp. thing.

Yeah, the overall game is much improved as of the update on the 6th. Better graphics, simpler skill tree layout, new items and polish. CCP is gonna be constantly adding to and refining DUST, so it's definitely one to watch.

xwillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By xwillx

Hoping to get into the action tonight, sent my application this morning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down, I'll join tonight.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Accepted all open apps as of this posting. We're at 37 members now! March on, Kite Co. mercs. o7

Megulito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just applied can I get down?

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once I can manage to get in, I'll apply.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Neat! I'm applying right now!

atmonauti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By atmonauti

Downloading the game, will apply when I finally get in!

JackBurt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JackBurt0n

Wow. Just watched Patrick's quick look, so I'm downloading it now, and I'll apply once I get home this evening....or at least, when it's finished downloading. :) Can't wait!

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Wow. Just watched Patrick's quick look, so I'm downloading it now, and I'll apply once I get home this evening....or at least, when it's finished downloading. :) Can't wait!

No word of a lie, I just redownloaded the client, and it took about 10 minutes for a 1.3 Gb file from psn. My mind is blown.

Mind you, when I run it, it attempts to update the client and failing, so that is preventing me from playing it

Avatar image for thedigitalistic
    TheDigitalistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I have no real clue what I'm doing, but I applied to the corp anyway.

I may not end up doing much outside of some casual play, but who knows. Maybe once I wrap my head around the corp stuff, I might be online constantly.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mr_creeper

I accepted in any open app earlier today and will double check once I get off of work. Nearing 50 duders!

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will put in an app as soon as I get the game downloaded. The QL made me decide I must play this game.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Devil240Z

I'm still not sure what I think about this game i'm hoping that playing with you all in a corp will make it more interesting.

there is just so much going on with this game and it all has this freemium veneer over it.

Also whats it going to take for the GB eve online corp to accept dust players? You would think the more the merrier but maybe its just me.

I'm just trying to better understand where these games intersect.

how do I follow other corp members into games?

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mr_creeper

All apps submitted as of this posted have been accepted. Thanks to the Quick Look going up today, we almost doubled members; sitting at 80+, right now.

As @fisk0 mentioned in the other thread, DUST players can join in on the public Giant Bomb Community channel from EVE. I've added instruction to the top-most post.

@devil240z said:

I'm still not sure what I think about this game i'm hoping that playing with you all in a corp will make it more interesting.

there is just so much going on with this game and it all has this freemium veneer over it.

Also whats it going to take for the GB eve online corp to accept dust players? You would think the more the merrier but maybe its just me.

I'm just trying to better understand where these games intersect.

how do I follow other corp members into games?

Yeah, I find that when playing with others, the game becomes a lot more fun - just like with any other FPS, for me. I'm really enjoying all the customization and whatnot. I spend most of my time looking at my fits and adjusting them or trying to squeeze just a bit more CPU and PG out of a dropsuit.

The main reason Kite Co. Space Trucking isn't letting in DUST mercs right now is because of security issues. We're at war with a few corps, and it's super easy for someone to make a DUST character for nothing and then send an app that can't be verified via an API key. This gives them access to our corp chat where they can glean information on what we're up to from.

As of this last patch, the two games intersect twice. If I understand correctly: Once for Faction Warfare - where when a complex is under attack in EVE, a battle for the nearby planet will pop-up in DUST for mercs to participate in and add some influence. Secondly, corps can now take districts on planets in the Molden Heath region and set-up infastructure there to assist in the building and upkeep of POS in EVE.

I mentioned in a previous comment on how to join-up with corp mates, but I'll add it to the original post, as well.

Good luck!

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not the type to initiate so if anyone squads up while I'm on please send me an invite!

pyrrhus19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Quick Look got me interested in trying this game, will apply for the corp when I start playing this weekend.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys, I'll be putting in an application too. I'm pretty much the sort of player Scoops and Drew were talking about in the QL. Eve really interests me, but I'm not really into MMOs, so here's my way in. Willing to do my part for the Kite Co cause.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put in application after I mistakenly went for the proper corp. Played for a few hours during the beta. Enjoying it now they've made changes etc...need to get stuck into it.

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NinjaPartTime

Hope to get accepted soon. Playing with randoms makes me want to move on to another game. More than half the games I have played, people just stand around or half the team is trying to snipe from the ship.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will definitely be sending a request when I download it. The QL got my interest up.

aznxchunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Def will being sending a request. I played the beta back then but it didnt play that good. The QL def made me want to hop back in

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, guys, just got off stupid work and am ready for a weekend full of EVE and DUST. Oh...and maybe hanging with the wife...if there's time.

All new apps have been accepted. 112 total members! I still have spots open for HR reps to help with approving new apps or tacticians who would be interested in leading us into corp warfare, so hit me up!

Thanks, once again, to anyone who has joined so far; looking forwards to sharing a battle or two with all of you in the future.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me as Colt Falcone is in.

The only mature thing to do is start drinking whisky and figuring this game out.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I filled out the app. Why? Because I want to shoot people in their space faces, thats why.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mr_creeper

Yo, Bombers! I'm jumping on again in about 30 to approve any new apps. Thanks to the crew that squaded-up with me earlier today for the sweet wins and to those of you that stared up the squads to get some games rolling. Looking forward to even more battle tomorrow!

daltonrowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great, I'll be joining shortly!

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just sent in my app, might have accidentally sent two actually, but yea!

Would it be fine to send join the corp with 2 other characters later on when there's more slots open?

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By Hector

Submitted my application. The gameplay feels better than it did in the beta days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.